The Mister Europa European Player of the Year Award is an annual basketball award created in 1976 and given today by the panel of journalists of the Italian weekly magazine Superbasket. Its purpose is to praise the best European basketball player, regardless of where he plays in the world, including NBA players, for a given season. The award is judged on the basis of both sports club and national team performances and accomplishments.
Like the Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport's Euroscar Award, and the Eurobasket's All-Europeans Player of the Year, it is not the official FIBA European Player of the Year Award, which is given out by FIBA. Croatian small forward Toni Kukoč currently holds the record for most wins with four, three of them being consecutive, a record as well.
When a player has been with more than one club in the calendar year of his award, all are listed.
- Euroscar Award
- FIBA Europe Player of the Year Award
- All-Europeans Player of the Year
- FIBA Europe Young Men's Player of the Year Award
- Euroleague Finals Most Valuable Player Award
- "DIAMANTIDIS NAMED MISTER EUROPE 2007". FIBA Europe. 10 December 2007. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- marca.com Pau Gasol y Rudy, elegidos los dos mejores jugadores de Europa 2008.
- sport.piazzagrande.info Basket, Superbasket nomina Giuseppe Poeta “Mister Italia” 2009.
- pistoiabasket2000.it IN EDICOLA SUPERBASKET, CON L’INTERVISTA A TOPPO.