Theatrical poster cover
|Directed by||Nick Palumbo|
|Produced by||Nick Palumbo|
|Written by||Nick Palumbo|
|Music by||The Bronx Casket Co.
The Giallos Flame
|Edited by||Todd C. Ramsay|
Fright Flix Productions
|Distributed by||Blackwatch Releasing|
|NC-17 theatrical cut:
|This section requires expansion. (October 2014)|
- Sven Garrett as The Photographer
- Gunnar Hansen as Nazi mechanic
- Cerina Vincent as Beautiful girl
- Tony Todd as Clerk
- Jade Risser as Jade
- Edwin Neal as Good Samaritan
Murder-Set-Pieces was given a limited release on December 24, 2004 with an NC-17 rating. The film was released by Lions Gate Home Entertainment with an 'R' rating on DVD. In comparison with the theatrical cut of the film, the 'R' rated DVD version was missing approximately 22 minutes. Most of the cuts were to obtain the 'R' rating and removed several intense scenes of sexualized violence and torture, however, some scenes were also removed by the director himself which he intended to edit out of the film before going into theaters but never got the chance.
The film was submitted for release in the United Kingdom to the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) who refused to give the film an '18' certificate, therefore making the film illegal to supply within the UK. The BBFC stated they rejected the film because of sexual violence, and the film was potentially breaking UK obscenity laws.
The film received generally negative reviews; Film Threat gave it four stars out of four, calling it "incredibly good" and "well made." Metacritic gave it a score of 13, signifying "overwhelming dislike" and Rotten Tomatoes had a critical consensus of 36%.
Debra Birnbaum of The New York Post wrote it "aspires to be a highly stylized exploration of the mind of a serial killer, but it's nothing more than a gory, blood-soaked snuff film, reveling in its own shock value." Dennis Harvey of Variety wrote that the film's "nastiness is so insistent, one-dimensional and excessive it risks self-parody."
- Village Voice - Ben Kenigsberg
- FILMTIPPS.at - Murder-Set-Pieces
- Murder Set Pieces (uncut) :: DVD-Shop - dvduncut.com
- Variety - Dennis Harvey
- Fright Flix Productions, Inc. - Murder-Set-Pieces
- Christian Science Monitor - David Sterritt
- Official MySpace
- Murder-Set-Pieces at Metacritic Retrieved February 18, 2014
- Murder-Set-Pieces at Rotten Tomatoes Retrieved February 18, 2014
- Murder Set Pieces - Yourjournal.de