My Awkward Sexual Adventure
|My Awkward Sexual Adventure|
|Directed by||Sean Garrity|
|Produced by||Juliette Hagopian
|Written by||Jonas Chernick|
|Music by||Ari Posner|
|Edited by||John Gurdebeke|
Banana-Moon Sky Films
Kosher Sexy Films
|Distributed by||Phase 4 Films|
|Running time||98 minutes|
My Awkward Sexual Adventure is a 2012 Canadian sex comedy film directed by Sean Garrity and written by Jonas Chernick. The film stars Chernick as Jordan, a sexually uptight accountant who enlists Julia (Emily Hampshire), an exotic dancer, to instruct him in the world of sexual adventure.
After Jordan's girlfriend Rachel leaves him due to his sexual ineptitude, he recruits Julia, an exotic dancer, to broaden his sexual horizons. Together, they explore strip clubs, sensual massage parlors, cross-dressing, and sadomasochism.
Rotten Tomatoes, a review aggregator, reports that 71% of seven surveyed critics gave the film a positive review; the average rating was 6.1/10. John Anderson of Variety called Hampshire's acting "a winning perfomance" but stated the film was "unimaginable as a remake, or playing anywhere outside latenight cable." Robert Bell of Exclaim! wrote, "It's all incredibly racist and misogynist, but is too excessively ignorant to have any real sense of this." Peter Howell of the Toronto Star wrote, "It’s your standard nerd-meets-stripper scenario, but filmmaking sparks and a combustible cast set this rom-com blazing." David D'Arcy of Screen Daily called it a quirky Canadian satire that might not draw U.S. audiences. Brett Cullum of DVD Verdict wrote, "There is a fun romantic comedy here underneath all the gross-out near-porn."
- "Jonas Chernick's Sexual Adventure". Toro, April 17, 2013.
- Howell, Peter (2013-04-18). "My Awkward Sexual Adventure and It’s a Disaster: double review". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "My Awkward Sexual Adventure". Tribute. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "My Awkward Sexual Adventure (2013)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- Anderson, John (2012-10-02). "Review: ‘My Awkward Sexual Adventure’". Variety. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- Bell, Robert (2013-04-18). "My Awkward Sexual Adventure". Exclaim!. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- D'Arcy, David (2012-09-08). "My Awkward Sexual Adventure". Screen Daily. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- Cullum, Brett (2013-09-18). "An Awkward Sexual Adventure". DVD Verdict. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
|This article about a 2010s romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|