NHLPA Hockey '93
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: does not meet project guidelines. (June 2008)|
|NHLPA Hockey '93|
Cover art (Sega Genesis)
|Developer(s)||Park Place Productions|
|Release date(s)||Mega Drive / Genesis
|Genre(s)||Sports - Ice Hockey Sim|
Included is a single-game exhibition mode and a playoff mode (single-elimination or best-of-7), wherein the winner collects a trophy similar to the Stanley Cup.
Unlike NHL Hockey, NHLPA Hockey has a license from the NHLPA, but not the NHL. The game includes mostly complete rosters and all 24 teams from the 1991-92 NHL season, including the expansion Tampa Bay Lightning and Ottawa Senators. Because the game lacks an NHL license, no team names are present in the game, and teams are identified by their team colours and location (for example, blue and orange and Long Island for the New York Islanders).
Computer Gaming World approved of the game's use of real NHL hockey player names and teams, and concluded that it was "just about as realistic and detailed as one could hope a cartridge game to be ... two red and blistered thumbs up".
- "Release information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Emrich, Alan; Lombardi, Chris (1993-01). "EA's NHLPA Hockey Scores With Two CGW Editors". Computer Gaming World. p. 90. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- Mega review, issue 1, page 32, October 1992
- MegaTech review, issue 10, page 34, October 1992
- Cork, Jeff (2009-11-16). "Game Informer's Top 100 Games of All Time (Circa Issue 100)". Game Informer. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- NHLPA Hockey '93 at MobyGames
- Official entry into the Hockeywood Video Game Hall of Fame Official entry into the Hockeywood Video Game Hall of Fame
|This article on an ice hockey-themed video game is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|