||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (March 2011)|
|Traded as||TASE: NICE
|Key people||David Kostman (Chairman), Barak Eilam (President and CEO)|
|Revenue||$950 million (2013)|
|Operating income||$80 million (2013)|
|Profit||$55.3 million (2013)|
|Subsidiaries||NICE Systems Ltd.
NICE Systems Inc.
NICE Actimize Ltd.
NICE Systems, Limited (Hebrew: נייס מערכות),Is an Israel based company, specialising in telephone voice recording, data security, and surveillance. As well as systems that analyse this recorded data.
The company serves various industries, such as financial services, telecommunications, healthcare, outsourcers, retail, media, travel, service providers, and utilities.
On July 28, 2009, Ze'ev Bregman was appointed as CEO, replacing Haim Shani; who stepped down to become the General Manager of the Ministry of Finance of the State of Israel. As of September 30, 2010 the company has more than 2,700 employees worldwide.
Nice Systems was founded in 1986 as Neptune Intelligence Computer Engineering (NICE) by 7 Israeli ex-army colleagues. The company initially focused on developing solutions for security and defense applications; but soon refocused their efforts on civilian applications mainly for Contact center, Financial services and Business intelligence markets. And over the past 5 years or so has transformed from being a recordings infrastructure company to an enterprise software applications company such as Oracle, Microsoft etc. The company crossed 1 billion USD in bookings in 2013. 
NICE has made a number of acquisitions, totaling $734m from 2005–2011, including cash and stock paid:
- July 31, 2002: acquired Thales Contact Solutions (Previously Racal Recorders) in the UK for $53 Million, from the Thales Group.
- June 1, 2005: acquired Dictaphone's Communications Recording Systems (CRS) assets for $42m.
- September 1, 2005: acquired Hannamax Hi-Tech for $3m.
- January 4, 2006: acquired FAST Video Security for $33m.
- May 22, 2006: acquired Performix for $14m.
- July 7, 2006: acquired IEX Corporation for $205m, adding Contact center Workforce management and performance optimization solutions to its portfolio.
- August 30, 2007: acquired Actimize for $281m, entering the Fraud Prevention, Anti-money laundering and Risk management solution markets.
- April 8, 2008: acquired Quality Plus Group for $12m.
- August 31, 2009: acquired Hexagon System Engineering Ltd. for $11m.
- September 1, 2009: Actimize acquired Fortent for $73m.
- February 15, 2011: acquired CyberTech International for $60m.
- September 19, 2011: acquired Fizzback for $80m.
- December 2, 2011: acquired Merced Systems for $150m.
- October 22, 2012: acquired Redkite Financial Markets, an emerging provider of real-time, cloud-based institutional trade surveillance solutions.
- August 7, 2013: acquired Causata.
- "NICE Systems Ltd. (NICE)". Yahoo! Finance. 2011. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- "NICE SYSTEMS LTD (NICE:Tel Aviv)". Bloomberg Businessweek. 31 March 2011. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- Zeev Bregman to Join NICE Systems, July 28, 2009, retrieved 2012-02-27
- NICE Marks 20th Anniversary, retrieved 2009-10-09
- NICE Systems to acquire Thales Contact Solutions, retrieved 2009-10-09
- NICE To Acquire The Assets Of Dictaphone’s Communications Recording Systems, retrieved 2009-10-09
- Nice Systems to acquire Actimize - Reuters, July 2, 2007, retrieved 2009-10-09
- NICE to Enhance Security Offering With the Acquisition of Hexagon, retrieved 2010-05-22
- NICE Systems and Actimize acquire Fortent - SC Magazine UK, retrieved 2009-10-09
- Ben-David, Calev (February 15, 2011), Nice Systems to Acquire CyberTech for $60 Million - Bloomberg, retrieved 2011-02-15
- "Nice Systems To Acquire Merced Systems For Up To $170M >NICE", The Wall Street Journal, December 2, 2011, retrieved 2011-12-02
- Nice Systems to Acquire Causata, retrieved 2013-08-07 date=August 7, 2013