Naperville (Amtrak station)
Inbound Metra train arrives at Naperville.
|Location||105 East Fourth Avenue
Naperville, IL 60540
|Owned by||City of Naperville, BNSF|
|Platforms||2 side platforms (1 island platform demolished)|
|Connections|| Pace Buses
|Fare zone||F (Metra)|
49,915 (Amtrak)4,002 (avg. weekday) (Metra)
|Rank||2 out of 236 (Metra)|
The Naperville Amtrak/Metra station is a train station in Naperville, Illinois, United States served by Amtrak, the national railroad passenger system. Amtrak trains stopping at the Naperville station include the California Zephyr, Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg and Southwest Chief. It is also one of two stations in Naperville that serves Metra's BNSF Railway commuter line, and an abundance of Pace bus routes. Naperville Station was originally built in 1910 by the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad. On April 26, 1946, the station was the site of a collision between the CB&Q's Exposition Flyer and Advance Flyer.
Trails & Rails program
On certain days of the week, volunteer rangers with the National Park Service provide commentary for train passengers between Chicago, Illinois and La Plata, Missouri on the Southwest Chief. This interpretive program is free of charge for all coach and sleeping car passengers and is presented in the upper level of Amtrak's Sightseer Lounge Car. Volunteers tell passengers about the natural and historical features of Illinois, Iowa, and Missouri. This program typically takes place during two round-trips per week during the busy summer and winter holiday travel periods. Texas A&M University and the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation in La Plata, MO serve as additional local sponsors. More information and a current schedule can be found at the link below: http://www.nps.gov/findapark/trailsandrails/index.htm.
- #530 West Galena–Westfield Shoppingtown Fox Valley Center–Naperville
- #676 Cress Creek
- #677 Naperville–West Glens
- #678 Naperville–Carriage Hill
- #680 Naperville–Knoch Knolls
- #681 Naperville–Saybrook
- #682 Naperville–Brookdale
- #683 Naperville–Ashbury
- #684 Naperville–Maplebrook
- #685 Naperville–West Wind Estates
- #686 Naperville–Old Farm
- #687 Naperville–Farmstead
- #688 Naperville–Huntington
- #689 Naperville–Hobson Village
- #714 College of DuPage–Naperville–Wheaton Connector
- #781 North Naperville Office Complexes
- Des Moines, Iowa–Chicago
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2014, State of Illinois" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2014. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- Naperville, Illinois; Great American Stations (Amtrak)
- On the Bi-Level, October 2007.
Media related to Naperville (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons