|Successor||Micro Focus International|
|Headquarters||Haifa, Israel, Cupertino, California;|
|Products||RUMBA, OnWeb, ViewNow, Librados, SOA Planner|
NetManage Inc. was a software company based in Cupertino, California, founded in 1990 by Zvi Alon, an Israeli engineer. The company's development centre was located at the MATAM technology park, in Haifa, Israel. In June 2008 the company was acquired by Micro Focus International, a British company based in Newbury, Berkshire.
NetManage was founded in 1990 by Zvi Alon, an Israeli engineer that was trained at the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology and immigrated to the Silicon Valley in the 1980s. It was one of the first software companies to offer TCP/IP, networking, and email solutions.
During the Dotcom boom, the company generated annual revenues in excess of $100m (for the year ended 31 December 2000), but in following years failed to sustain this level of revenues. The company reported to have 10,000 customers worldwide, including the majority of the Fortune 500 companies. The company's shares were traded on the NASDAQ under the symbol NETM.
Products developed or acquired by NetManage
- OnWeb - Legacy Modernization, Integration & Webification solution, which enable companies to continue using legacy host systems for mission critical applications. OnWeb turns inefficient green screen applications into graphical, Web-based applications and transforms business processes, locked in host systems, into components that can be reused in most IT environments. This is accomplished without changing the business logic of the legacy application lowering the risk and cost of deploying new business solutions.
- RUMBA - Terminal emulation & Host Connectivity solution. RUMBA provides business users a friendly Windows environment in which to access and use information from a broad range of host systems, including IBM mainframe, IBM iSeries (AS/400), Hewlett-Packard, UNIX, and VAX. It provides all the core functionality of a Windows-based emulator, from multi-session support and host printer emulation to a variety of file transfer and host-based graphics options.
- Librados - a Java JCA Application Integration Adapter
- SOA Planner - Intelligent Service Modeling & Planning solution
- Ecco Pro - a personal information management software program
- Relay Gold - a terminal emulator software program
- Z-Mail, a cross platform open standards email client software program, which was bought from Network Computing Devices
- Chameleon UNIX Link - A Web browser running on Unix
- Arabesque Software - acquired in 1994
- Syzygy Communications - acquired in 1995
- AGE Logic - acquired in 1995
- MaxInfo - acquired in 1996
- NetSoft - acquired in 1997
- FTP Software - acquired in 1998
- Relay Technology - acquired in 1999
- Wall Data, Inc, developer of RUMBA - acquired in 1999
- Simware, developer of OnWeb - acquired in 1999
- Librados - acquired in 2004
- Micro Focus completes acquisition of NetManage, Inc, Reuters, 2008-06-18, retrieved 2009-10-11
- Ashworth, Susan (2005-07-24), NetManage's CEO finds success behind the scenes, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal, retrieved 2009-10-11
- NetManage Looks to SOAs with Librados Buy, InternetNews.com, retrieved 2009-10-11