Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014)|
|Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology Delhi|
नेताजी सुभाष प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान दिल्ली(दिल्ली प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान)
Delhi Institute of Technologyदिल्ली प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान
|Motto||"Aao no bhadraa krantvo yuntu vishwat"|
Motto in English
|"May God bring the holy thoughts in my mind from all the directions”.|
|Established||1983 by Dr. B.n.Mishra|
|Director||Professor Yogesh Singh|
|Location|| New Delhi, India
150 acres (61 ha)
|Affiliations||University of Delhi|
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT, Hindi: नेताजी सुभाष प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान) formerly Delhi Institute of Technology (DIT, Hindi: दिल्ली प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान) is one of the premier engineering colleges in India. Established in 1983, it is an autonomous institution of the Government of Delhi. The campus is situated at Azad Hind Fauj Marg, Sector - 3, Dwarka, New Delhi. The institute is affiliated to University of Delhi and was ranked as the 12th top engineering college by outlook india in 2014. 
The NSIT campus is located in Dwarka, in South West Delhi. The campus is spread over 150 acres (0.61 km) with lush greenery campus. It is well connected to the major city centers by open and wide roads.
Mode of admission
Until 2009, NSIT admitted students through the Common Entrance Examination(CEE) along with Delhi College of Engineering (now Delhi Technological University ). Students are now admitted through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-MAIN) examination. But, now one need to qualify JEE (MAIN), where weightage to this Examination is 60% and to XII Board Examination Result is 40%. Admissions are on the basis of the rank in JEE (Main).
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
- Electronics And Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing Process And Automation Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control engineering
- Bio Technology
Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering ( Signal Processing)
- Computer Engineering ( Information Systems)
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering ( Process Control)
NSIT has consistently managed to secure its position amongst the top 15 engineering colleges in India.
|Technical college 2014 Rankings|
|Engineering – India|
|* Limited participation|
|University of Delhi Rankings|
|General – India|
- "Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology". intoday.in. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (Delhi University)". du.ac.in. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology celebrates its annual fest, Moksha, with fervour". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi - University". universityexpress.co.in. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Best Engineering colleges 2014". India Today. 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Top Engineering Colleges". Outlook India. 16 June 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "India's Top Engineering Colleges 2012 (DQ-CMR T-Schools Survey 2012)". archive.dqindia.com/. Dataquest. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- "GHRDC-CSR Engineering Colleges Survey 2013" (PDF). Competition Success Review (Competition Success Review and the Global Human Resources Development Centre): 1–6. July 2013.
- "Masters of excellence". India Today. 18 May 2012. Retrieved 20 June 2012.