From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up neutral in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Neutral and neutrality may mean the following:
- Neutrality (international relations), where a polity such as a state favors or supports none of the parties involved in a disagreement, conflict or war.
- Neutral territory, territory belonging to no particular sovereign state.
- Neutrality of money, the notion that a change in the supply of money in an economy has no tangible effects.
- Neuter gender, a form of noun classification in linguistics.
- Neutrality (philosophy), the absence of declared or intentional bias.
- Neutral level, the physical or material traces of esthesic and poietic processes identified in semiotics.
Mathematics and natural science
- Neutral element, a special type of element in mathematics with respect to a binary operation on a set, such that if that binary operation is applied to any element in that set, that element is left unchanged. Also known as the "identity element".
- Neutral solution, a chemical solution which is neither acidic nor basic.
- Neutral particle, a particle without electrical charge.
- Neutral vector, a multivariate random variable that exhibits a particular type of statistical independence (Dirichlet distribution).
- Neutral organisms, in ecology, obey the unified neutral theory of biodiversity.
- Neutral (usually abbreviated "N"), the state where no gears are selected for a motor vehicle's transmission.
- Neutral point of view ("NPOV"), a stance or tone that is free from bias (see Objectivity (journalism)).
- Neutral Nation, a group of Native Americans.
- Network neutrality, a principle that advocates the government regulation of Internet service providers.
- Neutral wire, a conductor that provides a low impedance path to earth.
- Neutral alignment, a categorization of the moral and ethical perspective of some characters, creatures and societies in some role-playing games.
- Neutral color, a description sometimes used to characterise the color gray.
- Neutral Records, a record label.
- Humanitarian neutrality, a principle governing humanitarian responses.
- Gender neutrality, a principle which advocates practices and behaviors which are neutral in regards to gender.
- Liberal neutrality
- Search neutrality
- Medical neutrality
- Climate Neutrality
- Emotional Neutrality
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.