New Zealand Fire Service Commission
|Headquarters||Level 12, AXA Centre
80 The Terrace
|Minister responsible||Peter Dunne, Minister of Internal Affairs|
|Child agencies||New Zealand Fire Service
National Rural Fire Authority
The New Zealand Fire Service Commission is the overseeing authority controlling the New Zealand Fire Service and the New Zealand National Rural Fire Authority. A Crown entity reporting to the Minister of Internal Affairs, the Commission was established by the New Zealand Fire Service Act 1975.
- Rt Hon Wyatt Creech (Chairperson)
- David McFarlane QSM (Deputy Chair)
- Vicki Caisley
- Angela Hauk-Willis
- Rangi Wills
- Fire Service Act 1975, Act No. 42 of 19 September 1975 (in English). Retrieved on 30 July 2013.
- Article 6, Fire Service Act 1975, Act No. 42 of 19 September 1975 (in English). Retrieved on 30 July 2013.
- "The Board". fire.org.nz. 12 July 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- Tremain, Chris (6 September 2012). "Fire Service Commission members appointed". National.org.nz. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- About the NZ Fire Service Commission