Russian State Fire Service
|Russian State Fire Service
Государственная противопожарная служба
|Facilities & Equipment|
Russian State Fire Service (Russian: Государственная противопожарная служба, Gosudarstvennaya protivopozharnaya sluzhba) is the highest fire service body of Russian Federation. A part of the Ministry of Emergency Situations since 2001, the State Fire Service is divided into the Federal Fire Service and the Fire Service of the Federal subjects of Russia.
The Institute for Fire Defense and Scientific Research and 70 special laboratories are responsible for the SFS scientific support, new technologies and methods of work.
Federal Fire Service
The Federal Fire Service (Государственный пожарный надзор (ГПН)) is an integral part of the State Fire Service and is part of the Ministry of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense, Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters (Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations). It's Basic functions are:
- Conducts prevention, fire fighting and rescue work:
- at facilities that are critical to the national security of the country, other important fire facilities, the most valuable objects of cultural heritage of the peoples of the Russian Federation, for the activities at the federal level with the massive concentration of people;
- in closed administrative-territorial formations, as well as in important organizations and regime;
- Supervises the implementation of the federal executive bodies, executive bodies of subjects of the Russian Federation, local self-government organizations and federal laws, technical regulations and other legal acts in the field of fire safety;
- Exercises operational control of other types of fire protection forces and means involved to extinguish fires at facilities that are critical to the national security of the country, other important fire facilities, the most valuable objects of cultural heritage of the peoples of the Russian Federation, as well as for the activities of the federal level with the massive concentration of people;
- Conducts monitoring of the state of fire safety in the Russian Federation is preparing proposals for government agencies and local governments to implement measures in the field of fire safety;
- Conducts fire information and education of the public on fire safety measures;
- Organizes and conducts official statistical records and state statistical reports on fires and their consequences on the territory of the Russian Federation, the performance of operational activities and resources of the Federal Fire Service, Fire Service of the Russian Federation and other types of fire protection;
- Preparing draft legislation Russian Emergencies Ministry in the field of fire safety and organization of the Federal Fire Service
The treaty units of the Federal Fire Service are maintained by the protected objects. Buildings, structures, facilities, fire and other machinery, and equipment, gear and equipment transferred to the use of contractual unit FPS, are the property of the organization and remain on its balance sheet.
Fire Service of the Russian Federation
Financial support of the Fire Service of the Russian Federation is carried out by means of:
- the budget of the Russian Federation;
- funds allocated for the financing of regional programs in the field of fire safety;
- funds received in accordance with the existing agreements, including the provision of permitted fee-based services;
- contributions, donations and other sources not prohibited by law.
In Russia, the decals are applied symmetrically on both sides of the helmet (front and rear). The location of the decals on the special clothing and SCBA is established for each fire department of the same type within the territorial entity.
|Firefighter||The all color helmet with the applied number, indicating the fire station|
|Head of fire brigade||The all color helmet with the applied number, indicating the fire station, underlined by line 50 mm wide and 5 mm thick|
|Head of duty shift fire station||The all color helmet with the applied a circle, inside which the applied number is indicating the fire station|
|Deputy Head of the fire station||The all color helmet with the applied a triangle, inside which the applied number is indicating the fire station|
|Head of the fire station||The all color helmet with the applied a square, inside which the applied number is indicating the fire station|
|Commanding staff of the fire department||The all color helmet with the applied a circle, inside which the applied a rhombus|
Russian State Fire Vehicles are painted in accordance with GOST R 50574-2002 (ГОСТ Р 50574-2002 г) which requires an overall flame-red (in practice red-orange) with contrasting white doors, front and rear vertical stripes and horizontal side stripes. Undercarriages are painted black. Auxiliary vehicles lack the white doors. A unique feature is the mounting of canisters for suction hoses and ladders on top of the appliance. The Russian Fire Service uses a number of different models of appliances which range greatly in age and technical abilities.
Firefighting vehicles are classified under the following categories:
- basic fire fighting vehicles (основные пожарные автомобили):
- basic fire fighting vehicles of general application (основные пожарные автомобили общего применения),
- basic fire fighting vehicles intended use (основные пожарные автомобили целевого применения);
- Special fire fighting vehicles (специальные пожарные автомобили);
- auxiliary vehicles (вспомогательные автомобили).
- Tankers (AC) (Автоцистерны (АЦ)) designed for transportation of fire fighting calculation fighting agents, Firefighting and technical equipment, and are used for water supply and air-mechanical foam on the location of the fire. Tankers can be used as independent fighting units and a pumping station for pumping, with one or more tanker trucks or pump and hose cars. The fire in the calculation of each tanker, from 3 to 7 persons (including the driver). Western pumpers
- Auto First Aid (APP) (Автомобили первой помощи (АПП)) first response vehicles intended for transportation of fire fire brigade, fire fighting and technical equipment, fire extinguishers, emergency equipment, fire fighting equipment and is used to contain and extinguish fires in the early stages of development and implementation of emergency rescue operations.
- Fire Pump Station (PNS) (Пожарная насосная станция (ПНС)) is designed to deliver the calculation of the fire, Firefighting and technical equipment, and used to take water from an open water source and supply it to the long distance and large fires through trunk lines directly to a bag of fire monitors, or ramifications for fire engines with followed by feeding water to the fire. PNS is used in conjunction with a Hose_layer. In addition, the PNS can be used to create a buffer stock of water in the fire pond, capacity, etc. near the site of a major fire.
- Hose and hose-pumper cars (AR, ANR) (Рукавные и насоcно-рукавные (AP, APH)
- Hose Carrier - Only carries hose
- Hose Tanker - Carries hose and water and pump
- Fire ladders (AL) (Пожарные автолестницы (АЛ))
- Boom lifts (ACP) (Коленчатые подъёмники (АКП))
- Staff cars (ASH) (Штабные автомобили (АШ))
- Cars Gas Rescue (AH, ABG) (Газодымозащитная служба (ГДЗС))
- Cars specialized fire (AGT AGVT, ACT, AP) (Автомобили специализированного тушения (АГТ, АГВТ, АКТ, АП))
- Cars Command and communications (ASO) (Автомобили связи и оcвещения (АСО))
- Rescue vehicles (ASA) (Спасательные автомобили (АСА))
- Cars Airfield Fire (Пожарный аэродромный автомобиль (AA)
Fire engine AC 3,2-40 on base ZIL-4331
Fire engine on base cross-country truck ZIL-131
Fire truck ATs-40 (43253)-247.02 on KAMAZ-43253 chassis
Firetrain in the Lost marshalling yard
MAZ-543 airport tender
Firefighting APC MT-LBu-GPM-10
UAZ-469 Command Car
- Instruction on the treaty units of the Federal Fire Service, 2009. Section 7. Establishment, reorganization and liquidation of contractual FPS units
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Russian State Fire Service.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fire engines of Russia.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Firefighting in Russia.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Russian Federal Fire Service.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tracked fire engines.|