Next Generation Identification
Next Generation Identification (NGI) is a project of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The project's goal is to expand the capabilities of the Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS), which is currently used by law enforcement to identify subjects by their fingerprints and to look up their criminal history. The NGI system will be a more modular system (allowing easy expandability). It will also have more advanced lookup capabilities, incorporating palm print, iris, and facial identification.
The development of the project is being led by Lockheed Martin who are teamed up with a number of technology companies.
Organizations involved in the project
- BAE Systems
- Global Science & Technology (GST)
- Ingersoll Consulting Information Solutions (ICIS)
- Innovative Management & Technology Services (IMTS)
- Lakota Software Solutions, Inc
- Lockheed Martin
- NTT Data
- Platinum Solutions
- National Center for State Courts (NCSC)