||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2015)|
|Traded as||NYSE: NMBL|
|Industry||Information technology, data storage, solid state drives|
|Headquarters||San Jose, California, USA|
|Varun Mehta, co-founder
Umesh Maheshwari, co-founder and CTO
Suresh Vasudevan, CEO
|Products||CS200 Series, CS 300 Series, CS400 Series, CS500 Series, and CS700 Series arrays|
Nimble Storage is a flash storage solutions company based in San Jose, California founded in early 2008. It produces hardware and software products for data storage, specifically data storage arrays that use the iSCSI and Fibre Channel protocols and includes data backup features.
The company received a total of $98 million in venture capital funding.[clarification needed] A third round of $16 million was announced in December 2010 from existing investors Accel Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital. In September 2012, Nimble Storage secured $40.7 million from existing investors including Artis Capital Management and GGV Capital.
Mehta was chief executive until March 2011, when he became vice president of engineering and Suresh Vasudevan became CEO.
Nimble Storage went public on the NYSE on December 13, 2013, under the ticker symbol NMBL.
In August 2014, Nimble Storage completed an overhaul of their CS series, and added the CS300 and CS500 to their line-up. 
In November 2014, Nimble Storage released arrays supporting the Fibre Channel protocol, directly addressing the requirements of global enterprises, and greatly expanding the company's total available market. 
In February 2015, Nimble announced that it had surpassed the 5,000 customer mark. 
The same month, Nimble Storage announced its Q4 and FY2015 financial results, with $228-million in revenue for fiscal year 2015 (ending January 31, 2015). 
The Nimble CS-Series iSCSI and Fibre Channel storage array has three product lines. The CS200 Series is for midsize IT organizations or distributed sites of larger organizations, supporting workloads such as Microsoft applications, VDI, or virtual server consolidation. The CS300 Series is an upgrade to the CS200, and also ideal for midsize IT organizations or distributed sites of larger organizations. It offers the best capacity per $ for workloads like Microsoft applications, VDI, or virtual server consolidation. The CS300 delivers 1.6x more IOPS than the CS215. The CS400 Series is for mid-scale deployments or IO-intensive workloads, such as mid-scale VDI or transaction processing supported by Oracle or SQL Server. The CS500 Series is designed for larger-scale deployments or IO-intensive workloads, like larger-scale VDI, and Oracle or SQL Server databases, and provides the best performance and IOPS per $. The CS500 also achieves 5x the performance of the CS215. The CS700 Series is for larger-scale deployments or High IO-intensive workloads, such as large-scale VDI or transaction processing supported by Oracle or SQL Server. The CS700 is upgradable from the CS500 and CS300, however all SSDs in the head unit will need to be replaced by SAS SSDs when most customers would rather buy a new system.
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2015)|
Nimble Storage's Adaptive Flash platform spans the CASL flash-optimized file system, the InfoSight cloud-based management and support engine, CS-series storage arrays, SmartStack reference integrated infrastructure solutions and a pay-per-use Storage on Demand subscription service. The platform enables IT organizations to accurately predict, manage and deliver the storage required to optimize business applications and workloads across their IT environments.
The Adaptive Flash platform provides IT organizations with the ability to:
- Speed the deployment and optimize the performance of business applications with pre-validated SmartStack reference architectures. Nimble SmartStack solutions consist of Nimble storage arrays and software integrated with technology partner compute, networking, and software technologies – optimized for specific workload environments.
- Scale storage performance and capacity in line with changing application and user requirements.
- Safeguard data and applications with integrated data protection and enterprise-grade reliability to prevent data loss and IT system corruption.
- Simplify storage environments with InfoSight. A deep data analytics engine, accessible via the cloud, InfoSight enables IT administrators to leverage intelligence to preempt issues, maintain storage health and forecast and manage for growth.
Recognition & Awards
In November 2014, Nimble Storage was named a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays
In December 2014, Nimble Storage was named ‘Storage Vendor of the Year’ by CRN 
- "Nimble's all-in-one storage combines primary and backup in one box". January 2011.
- "Registration Statement". Form S-1. US Securities and Exchange Commission. October 18, 2013. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- "Nimble Storage Closes $16 Million in Over-Subscribed Series C Round of Funding". Press release. December 8, 2010.
- Joseph F. Kovar (September 10, 2012). "Nimble Storage Closes $40.7M Funding Round, Plots IPO". Computer Reseller News. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- Christina Farr (September 10, 2012). "Nimble storage pulls in $40M as it readies for global expansion and an IPO". Venture Beat. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- Eric Blattberg (October 18, 2013). "Data storage company Nimble Storage files for $150M IPO". Venture Beat. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nimble Storage.|
- Nimble Storage Website 
- NimbleConnect (Nimble Storage Online Community) 
- Forbes: Targeting EMC and NetApp, Nimble Storage Flashing Towards an IPO (August 2012) 
- Wall Street Journal: The Top 50 Venture-Backed Companies 2012 
- Wall Street Journal: The Top 50 Venture-Backed Companies 2011 
- eWeek: Nimble's CS260 SAN Appliances Are Optimized for Virtualization, Data Backup 
- CRN: A 'CASL' Within A Fortress, by Edward J. Correia 
- Fierce Energy: Nimble Storage dubbed "Cool Vendor" by Gartner for storage architecture 
- infoTech: Nimble Storage Sets Records with 500 Percent Jump in Quarterly Growth 
- Bloor Research: Confidence builds in Nimble's break-through technology 
- Nimble Storage Named a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays 
- Nimble Storage Surpasses 5,000 Customer Mark 
- Nimble Storage Named ‘Storage Vendor of the Year’ By CRN 
- Nimble Storage Releases Fibre Channel Storage Arrays 
- Nimble Storage reports $228-million in revenue for fiscal year 2015 (ending January 31, 2015)