Nobody's Fool (Kenny Loggins song)
|Single by Kenny Loggins|
|from the album Caddyshack II soundtrack; Back to Avalon|
|B-side||"I'm Gonna Do It Right"|
|Length||4:18 (album version)
4:05 (single version)
|Writer(s)||Kenny Loggins, Michael Towers|
|Kenny Loggins singles chronology|
"Nobody's Fool", sometimes titled "Nobody's Fool (Theme from Caddyshack II)", is a song by American pop singer Kenny Loggins, from the 1988 golf comedy film Caddyshack II. Written by Loggins and Michael Towers, the song reached the top 10 of the U.S. singles chart. It also appeared as the lead track on Loggins' 1988 studio album Back to Avalon.
Kenny Loggins had composed and recorded "I'm Alright" for the 1980 Caddyshack film, and was asked by film producer Jon Peters to write a theme song for the sequel. Initially, according to Loggins, "I wasn't so sure when he called about Caddyshack II. I was a little skittish about trusting lightning to strike twice in the same place."
Release and reception
"Nobody's Fool" entered the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart in July 1988, and peaked at number eight. It was the fourth top 10 song from a film soundtrack for Loggins, who was already the first male solo artist ever to have three top 10 singles from three different films. The song spent 11 weeks on the Hot 100, and was ranked number 100 on the 1988 Billboard Year-End chart. It peaked at number six on the Singles Sales chart and number 10 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart. It also reached number 30 on the Mainstream Rock chart. The song peaked at number 11 on the Canadian Singles Chart.
- 7" Vinyl
- "Nobody's Fool" (Loggins, Towers) - 4:05
- "I'm Gonna Do It Right" (Loggins) - 4:40
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||8|
|U.S. Album Rock Tracks||30|
|Canadian RPM Singles Chart||11|
- Campbell, Mary (1988-08-23). "Movies Definitely Light Up the Life of Kenny Loggins". Spartanburg Herald-Journal (via the Associated Press). p. C3. Retrieved 2010-01-14.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits (8th ed.). New York: Billboard Books. p. 377. ISBN 978-0-8230-7499-0.
- Bronson, Fred (2002). Billboard's Hottest Hot 100 Hits (3rd ed.). New York: Billboard Books. p. 360. ISBN 978-0-8230-7738-0.
- "Kenny Loggins - Charts & Awards - Billboard Singles". Allmusic (Rovi Corporation). Retrieved 2010-01-14.
- "RPM 100 Singles". RPM (RPM Music Publications Ltd.) 48 (23). 1988-09-24. ISSN 0315-5994. Retrieved 2010-01-14.