|Birth name||Noelia Lorenzo Monge|
|Born||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|Years active||1999 – present|
|Labels||Fonovisa Records (1999–2004)
Pink Star Music-INgrooves-Fontana (2008-2013)
Noelia Lorenzo Monge (born in San Juan), mostly known as Noelia, is an International Puerto Rican pop singer who rose to fame in 1999. She is the first daughter of Puerto Rican singer Yolandita Monge and Uruguayan Businessman Alfredo Lorenzo.
Noelia started working on her first full-length album in 1998. The self-titled album was finally released in 1999, making her debut at the Madison Square Garden. The album produced the hit single "Tu", written by Estéfano. In total, Noelia has sold almost 5 million albums worldwide, including almost 1 million copies in the U.S. from her debut album that was certified gold by in the U.S.
In 2000 she released her second album, Golpeando Fuerte. Her third album, Natural, released in 2003 featured another hit song, "Clávame Tu Amor", which peaked at #5 on Billboard Hot Latin Tracks. The album also featured songwriting contributions from Latin Producer Kike Santander and Jose Gaviria.
In 2004, she released her fourth studio album titled Melao, which was a fusion of pop with reggaeton. The album was produced by reggaeton producer, DJ Eric, and features Yamil sharing lead vocals with Noelia. They also co-wrote most of the songs of the album.
In 2006, she returned to her musical roots with the album 40 Grados, produced by Adrián Posse. The album featured the single "Como Duele", which was nominated by Billboard as Pop Song of the Year. The song was also chosen as the theme for the Mexican telenovela Barrera de Amor and peaked at #8 on Billboard Hot Latin Songs.
In 2007, she released her sixth full-length album titled Volverte a Ver.
She then worked on two albums, her first English single for the European market was titled Caribbean Queen. It was released in May 2009 mostly in Italy. The song is a cover version of Billy Ocean's hit song of 1984 with added Lyrics by Noelia.
In 2009 Actress and model Elisabetta Canalis released in Italy a compilation album "TOP HITS by Hollywood-Milano" (2009, Sony-BMG). This album included top singers from America in Europe, including Katy Perry, Pink, Lady Gaga and Noelia. The compilation was certified platinum during the first week of sales.
In mid-2011 Noelia broke a record for Hispanic online audience in the U.S. with her online concert produced by Hispanic Media Giant Univision. "In Studio" with Noelia on Univision.com attracted more than 3.5 million viewers.
In 2012 Noelia released the single "Kiss Me", which was premiered in Univision.com and Peopleenespanol.com and was in the Top 40 Hot Latin Track according to Billboard Magazine of March 2012.
On April 2, 2012, Noelia's single “Kiss Me” appeared in the Billboard Charts both in the Dance and Latin Hot Track categories.
On November 10, 2012 Noelia's single "My Everything" was released. It was produced by Timbaland and has drawn comparisons with J-Lo.
On May 15, 2013, Noelia released a new single, "Mind Blown" produced by Timbaland and Ellis Corte, includes Bsharry remix, that in Italy has reached the number 1 position iTunes.
February 2014 Noelia makes another Hot Shoot Debut on the Billboard Charts with "Mind Blown" produced by Star Producer Timbaland and Remixed by World renown DJ's Dave Aude, Tracy Young and Dan De Leon 
Noelia is a supporter and contributor to the Boys and Girls Club of East Los Angeles; this institution was about to close its doors, and Noelia and few friends got together and took immediate action by donating money and raising more resources from other friends in the entertainment community to save this important space for children in the community of East Los Angeles.
Noelia also supports the Initiative "Juarez Sin Frio" a movement to raise funds to create a brigade to bring warm clothing and portable heaters to the villages in the high altitude mountains of Chihuahua, preventing deaths in winter due to the extremely low temperatures.
Noelia, the first daughter of Puerto Rican singer and actress Yolandita Monge and Uruguayan businessman Alfredo Lorenzo, showed interest in music from childhood. Noelia has two half-siblings from Monge's subsequent marriages, sister Paola and brother Imanol.
In August 2007, Noelia accused her stepfather and former manager, Topy Mamery, of sexually assaulting her back in 2003; she claimed to have filed a lawsuit, calling singer Ricardo Montaner as a witness. However, Topy Mamery "claims" that he was not the first person Noelia had accused of sexual assault. But is well known by the Hispanic media that Mamery is the one who distributed the sex tape of Noelia, Mamery sued Noelia and Jorge Reynoso defamation and libel. In February 2008, Noelia's lawyer decided to quit representing Noelia in the defamation lawsuit against her. In May 2008, the judge José A. Fusté entered default to the singer Noelia and to her partner and manager, Jorge Reynoso, in favor of the petition presented by Mamery, who sued the couple for defamation for knowingly making a false declaration that he had sexually assaulted Noelia. However, on June 13, 2008. Fusté dismissed the case by declaring that there was no defamation or libel since Mamery was a public figure. Fusté concluded that "although it is true there might be some indication that Reynoso could be connected to the website where the video was sold, the court could not say for sure if he was the one that put it" up for sale. While most of the Media and Noelia's ex Boyfriend Yamil pointed Mamery as the person responsible for leaking the Intimate tape, Judge Fusté reprimanded both sides for public airing of their personal issues.
On August 14, 2012, the U. S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit reversed district court’s grant of summary judgment in favor of Maya Magazines and Maya Publishing Group (collectively Maya), finding that the media company did not meet its burden of establishing that its publication of previously unpublished photos constituted fair use. Noelia Lorenzo Monge and Jorge Reynoso (the couple), filed an action against Maya in the district court for copyright infringement and misappropriation of likeness based on Maya’s publication of previously unpublished photographs of the couple’s purported 2007 secret Las Vegas wedding in the Spanish-language celebrity gossip magazine TVNotas. Maya purchased the six wedding photos at issue from a paparazzo, who was also an occasional driver for the couple.
- 1999: Noelia
- 2000: Golpeando Fuerte
- 2003: Natural
- 2004: Melao
- 2005: 40 Grados
- 2007: Volverte a Ver
- 2013: Mind Blown
|Hot Latin Tracks||Hot Dance Club Play|
|"Toco la Luz"||32||-|
|2001||"Ni Una Lágrima Más"||Golpeando Fuerte||15||-|
|2003||"Ya No Eres El Mismo"||Natural||24||-|
|"Clávame Tu Amor"||5||-|
|2004||"Ya No Eres El Mismo" (Notty Cotto Mixes)||-||40|
|2006||"Como Duele"||40 Grados||8||-|
|2008||"Caribbean Queen Reloaded"||Non-album Single||-||-|
|2010||"Here I Go Again"||Non-album Single||-||-|
|2012||"Kiss Me (feat. Baby Boy")||Non-album Single||14||16|
|2012||"My Everything"||Mind Blown||-||2|
|2014||"Mind Blown"||Mind Blow||-||20|
- "Noelia celebró sus 32 años como niña.". Univision.com. Univision.com. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-02. "La cantante boricua festejó su cumpleaños acompañada de su marido y amigos en Disney"
- emusic. "Noelia".
- "About NOELIA". Noelia Official MySpace. 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-20. "Noelia born August 31, 1979 in San Juan Puerto Rico"
- Chart history. billboard.com
- Billboard. "Billboard.com Artist Chart History".
- Billboard. "Noelia Discography Natural".
- Press Release: Latin Pop Sensation Noelia Takes Critically Acclaimed Music Genre Reggaeton by Storm on Her New Album Titled “Melao”. univision.net (2004-06-22)
- Henderson, Alex (AllMusic.com). "Melao Overview".
- Chiff.com. "2007 Billboard Latin Music Awards Nominees & * Winners".
- Billboard. "Noelia Chart History".
- Elisabetta Canalis presenta la sua compilation: ecco Top Hits by Hollywood Milano – Style & Fashion 2.0. Styleandfashion.blogosfere.it. Retrieved on 2012-03-27.
- Noelia rompiendo records – Univision Música. Musica.univision.com (2011-05-11). Retrieved on 2012-03-27.
- Chart Highlights: Beyonce 'On Top' of Dance/Club Play Songs. Billboard.com. April 2, 2012
- Inspira Noelia a ganar oro en juegos olímpicos
- Agradece Noelia a gimnastas rusas uso de ‘Candela’ para Olímpicos [Noelia] - 13/08/2012 | Periódico Zócalo
- My Everything by Noelia Review. MusicEyz.co.uk. 9 August 2012
- "SBS Radio DJ LAZ & Singer NOELIA donate to the Boys & Girls Club of East LA! (video)". Iwathchmike.com. August 14, 2012. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- Music of Puerto Rico: Bailyn, Evan (2006). "Yolandita Monge".
- Univision.com. "Biografia de Noelia".
- Video Porno de Noelia – Univision Entretenimiento. Entretenimiento.univision.com (2007-06-27). Retrieved on 2012-03-27.
- Noelia | Noelia Sex Tape Hits Net. Contactmusic. Retrieved on 2012-03-27.
- Noelia Biography. Perfectpeople.net (1979-08-31). Retrieved on 2012-03-27.
- People en Español (December 11, 2007). "Noelia Sues Topy Mamery for Sexual Abuse".
- Correa Velasquez, Melissa (El Vocero). "Topy Mamery demanda a Noelia".
- Noelia’s lawyer decided to quit representing Noelia in the lawsuit against her, El Vocero Newspaper, Feb 2008
- Noelia is declared in defiance of court, Primera Hora Newspaper, May 2008
- Marrero, Rosita (Primera Hora) (2008-06-14). "Mamery no pudo probar libelo".
- "Gossip Mag’s "Fair Use" Claim in Publishing a Celebrity’s Wedding Photos Rejected". The National Law Review. McDermott Will & Emery. 2012-10-02. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- Allmusic page
- Spanish article about Noelia in Primera Hora about her cover appearance in Maxim magazine.