|Former type||Public (KRX: 026330)
Public (KRX: 067160)(present)
|Industry||Content Delivery Network, Video game industry, Media industry|
|Fate||Divided into AfreecaTV Co., Ltd. and ZettaMedia|
|Headquarters||Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea|
|Key people||ex-CEO Yong-sik Moon|
|Products||Afreeca, TalesRunner, O2Jam, ClubBox, Nownuri|
Nowcom was merged by Wins Technet, a listed IT company, at January 2008 and listed on KOSDAQ with its original name though and worked together for 3 years, but finally they have been separated again to two companies as they were. Nowcom is still listed on KOSDAQ.
On July 2011, Nowcom announced that its assets would be split into one publicly traded company and the other privately held company. Another firm known as ZettaMedia was also established at that date and is a new spin-off company created during the split.
- Afreeca: Online TV with P2P video streaming service. Users can upload their own videos as well as live video streams.
- TalesRunner: Racing video game
- O2Jam: Music video game
- ClubBox: Web storage service for any internet community
- Nownuri: Classic VT BBS
- NOWCDN: CDN service for massive file distribution such as game clients
On July 2011, Nowcom announced that, after concerns from business differences between AfreecaTV and ClubBox, Nowcom's assets would be split into one publicly traded company, one oriented towards webcasting and online game development, and the other privately held company towards contents, media,and web storage. The split formally took place on July, 2011; where the present Nowcom was renamed AfreecaTV Co., Ltd. and consists primarily of Afreeca, TalesRunner, and O2Jam, while a new ZettaMedia was formed to take on Nownuri, PDBox, and ClubBox.
- "Shinsegae, Nowcom heads face off on Twitter" (Press release). The Korea Herald. 2010-10-31. Retrieved 2011-01-14.
- Limb Jae-un (24 October 2006). "Online broadcasters share their passion with viewers". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- "Nowcom Will Create "ZettaMedia" for Web Storage Business". Digital Daily. 2011-05-13. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|