Of Life and Love
|Of Life and Love
(Questa è la vita)
|Directed by||Aldo Fabrizi
|Produced by||Felice Zappulla|
|Written by||Aldo Fabrizi, Vitaliano Brancati, Giorgio Bassani, Luigi Zampa, Mario Soldati, Giorgio Pastina (from Luigi Pirandello's tales)|
|Starring||Turi Pandolfini, Aldo Fabrizi, Totò, Emilio Cigoli, Domenico Modugno|
|Music by||Armando Trovajoli, Carlo Innocenzi|
|Cinematography||Giuseppe La Torre|
|Edited by||Eraldo Da Roma|
|Distributed by||Distributors Corporation of America (US)|
|Running time||96 minutes|
The film tells four episodes from stories written by Luigi Pirandello (from the work: Novelle per un anno).
A landowner ignorant and arrogant he is afraid that his big jar is broken because of a storm that is coming and he entrusts it to one of its employees silly that the rocks. The owner angrily dismisses the man and called Zi 'Dima, the master repairman to fix the jar, but they get stuck in there.
A woman spends all his possessions for a fan and starts to play the role of a prostitute.
Rosario chiarchiaro she won the enmity of his countrymen because he wants to settle the "license Evil Eye" so that his family can live in more favorable conditions. To do this, disguises herself as a true bearer of bad luck (think that Toto had a great fear for jettatori) finally getting his job
A professor (Fabrizi) is invited to the wedding of a former student, posing in evening dress. But the girl has a nervous breakdown due to the sudden death of his mother on the day of the wedding, because it is not able to sustain the excitement of seeing her dressed as a bride, but the professor will do anything to get her to change her mind, partly because the 'man being slightly overweight is very uncomfortable in her tight tails. Preface 
The film is presented by actor and voice actor Emilio Cigoli, located in dubbing room, he explains the meaning of the four episodes.
- Turi Pandolfini - Un avvocato (segment "La giara")
- Natale Cirino (segment "La giara")
- Antonio Nicotra - Un giudice (segment "La giara")
- Myriam Bru (segment "Il ventaglio)
- Totò - Rosario Chiarchiaro (segment "La patente")
- Aldo Fabrizi - Il Professore Fabio Gori (segment "Marsina stretta")
- Lucia Bosé - Angela Reis (segment "Marsina stretta")
- Walter Chiari - Il commissario (segment "Marsina stretta")
- Crowther, Bosley. "New York Times: Of Life and Love". NY Times. Retrieved 2008-08-09.