|This article is a translation-work in progress of the Ломакин, Олег Леонидович article from Russian to English.
If you are confident enough in your competence of Russian and English, you can help Wikipedia by assisting in the translation.
|Oleg Leonidovich Lomakin|
|Born||August 29, 1924
Krasny Kholm, Tver Province, USSR.
|Died||March 25, 2010
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
|Training||Repin Institute of Arts|
|Awards||Honored Artist of the RSFSR|
Oleg Leonidovich Lomakin (Russian: Оле́г Леони́дович Лома́кин; August 29, 1924, Krasny Kholm, Tver Province, USSR – March 25, 2010, Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation) was a Russian Soviet realist painter, Honored Artist of the RSFSR, who lived and worked in Saint Petersburg (former Leningrad). He was regarded as one of the major representatives of the Leningrad school of painting,
In the years 1937-1939 Oleg Lomakin studied in Art studio at the Leningrad Palace of Young Pioneers. In 1940 he entered at the Secondary Art School at the All-Russian Academy of Fine Arts. In February 1942, together with the Secondary Art School, he was evacuated from besieged Leningrad in Central Asia, in Samarkand.
In June 1942, Oleg Lomakin was drafted into the Red Army and took part in the German-Soviet War which led the Soviet people against Nazi Germany and its allies. As anti-aircraft gunner he participated in the Battle of Kursk, was wounded and marked by military awards. After demobilization Oleg Lomakin returned to his studies and graduated from the Secondary Art School in 1946.
In the same year Oleg Lomakin was adopted at the first course of the Department of Painting of the Leningrad Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture named after Ilya Repin. There he studied under Boris Ioganson, Alexander Zaytsev, Mikhail Bernshtein, Piotr Ivanovsky, Vladislav Anisovich, Sergei Mikhailov.
In 1952, Oleg Lomakin graduated from the Leningrad Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture as artist of painting in Boris Ioganson workshop, together with Sergei Babkov, Leonid Baykov, Irina Baldina, Dmitry Beliaev, Abram Grushko, Marina Kozlovskaya, Boris Korneev, Elena Kostenko, Boris Lavrenko, Piotr Fomin, Vladimir Chekalov, and other young artists. His graduated work was historical painting named "Mikhail Kalinin among their fellow villagers".
Since 1952, Oleg Lomakin has participated in Art Exhibitions. He painted portraits, genre and historical paintings, landscapes, still lifes, and sketches from the life. It became the leading genre portrait of a contemporary.
Oleg Lomakin's style distinguish a broad painting, energetic brushstroke, artistic transfer of tonal relations and states of lighting and air. He was the acknowledged master of drawing and plein air painting.
Since 1952, Oleg Lomakin was a member of the Leningrad Union of Artists (since 1992, named as Saint Petersburg Union of Artists). In 1981 Oleg Lomakin was awarded the honorary title of Honored Artist of the Russian Federation.
Oleg Leonidovich Lomakin died on March 25, 2010 in Saint Petersburg at the eighty-six year of life. His paintings reside in State Russian Museum, State Tretyakov Gallery, in art museums and private collections in Russia, France, England, Germane, Italy, in the U.S., and others.
- Leningrad School of Painting
- List of Russian artists
- List of 20th century Russian painters
- List of painters of Saint Petersburg Union of Artists
- Saint Petersburg Union of Artists
- Sergei V. Ivanov. Unknown Socialist Realism. The Leningrad School.- Saint Petersburg: NP-Print Edition, 2007. – pp.9, 15, 18, 20, 24, 27, 29, 31, 42, 90, 364, 389-401, 403-406, 414-424, 439.
- Anniversary Directory graduates of Saint Petersburg State Academic Institute of Painting, Sculpture, and Architecture named after Ilya Repin, Russian Academy of Arts. 1915 - 2005. - Saint Petersburg: Pervotsvet Publishing House, 2007. p.68.
- Sergei V. Ivanov. Unknown Socialist Realism. The Leningrad School. - Saint Petersburg: NP-Print Edition, 2007. – p.6-7.
- L' Ecole de Leningrad. Catalogue. - Paris: Drouot Richelieu, 21 Decembre 1990. - p.48-51.
- Vern G. Swanson. Soviet Impressionism. - Woodbridge, England: Antique Collectors' Club, 2001. - pp.152, 158, 202, 203.
- Charmes Russes. Auction Catalogue. — Paris: Drouot Richelieu, 15 Mai 1991. — р.8-12.
- L' Ecole de Leningrad. Catalogue. - Paris: Drouot Richelieu, 11 Juin 1990. - p. 142-143.
- L' Ecole de Leningrad. Catalogue. - Paris: Drouot Richelieu, 21 Decembre 1990. - p. 48-51.
- Peinture Russe. Catalogue. - Paris: Drouot Richelieu, 18 Fevrier, 1991. - p. 7,66-67.
- Moiseeva N. Oleg Leonidovich Lomakin. - Leningrad: Khudozhnik RSFSR, 1991. - 96 p.
- L' Ecole de Leningrad. Catalogue. — Paris: Drouot Richelieu, 25 Novembre 1991. — р.80-81.
- Les Saisons Russes. Catalogue. — Paris: Drouot Richelieu, 29 Novembre 1993. — р.22-23.
- Matthew C. Bown. Dictionary of 20th Century Russian and Soviet Painters 1900-1980s. - London: Izomar, 1998. ISBN 0-9532061-0-6, ISBN 978-0-9532061-0-0.
- Vern G. Swanson. Soviet Impressionism. - Woodbridge, England: Antique Collectors' Club, 2001. - pp. 152, 158, 202, 203. ISBN 1-85149-280-1, ISBN 978-1-85149-280-0.
- Sergei V. Ivanov. Unknown Socialist Realism. The Leningrad School. - Saint Petersburg: NP-Print Edition, 2007. – pp. 9, 15, 18, 20, 24, 27, 29, 31, 42, 90, 364, 389-401, 403-406, 414-424, 439. ISBN 5-901724-21-6, ISBN 978-5-901724-21-7.
- Artists of Peter's Academy of Arts and Sciences. - Saint Petersburg: Ladoga Edition, 2008. - p. 108–109.
- Oleg Lomakin on the "Unknown Socialist Realism. Quests and Discoveries".
- Sergei V. Ivanov. The Leningrad School of painting. Historical outline.
- Chronology of the Leningrad School of painting.