Oswego is an unincorporated community in Plain Township, Kosciusko County, Indiana.
Oswego was laid out in 1837. It was named after Oswego, New York. A post office was established at Oswego in 1840, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1935.
Oswego is located near the western shore of Lake Tippecanoe at 41°19′13″N 85°47′14″W / 41.32028°N 85.78722°W.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Biographical and Historical Record of Kosciusko County, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. 1887. p. 688.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 253. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...named for the town in New York.
- ^ "Kosciusko County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 25 November 2014.