Taga blowholes on the coast.
Map of Samoa showing Palauli district
Palauli is a district and village of Samoa, with a population (2001 Census) of 8,984. It consists of two sections on the southern side of Savai'i. The capital is Vailoa which is also referred to as Vailoa i Palauli (Vailoa in Palauli district).
The paramount title of this district is Lilomaiava, which is conferred in Vailoa. As part of the selection process for the title-holder, Vailoa must consult with Safotu village in the Gagaifomauga political district. Safotu is the northern base of the Lilomaiava title in Savai'i. Lilomaiava carried the Malietoa title into the island of Upolu, a name given to Lilomaiava after defeating the Tongan Moncharchy in a gaming challenge. Malietoa in the Tongan language means strength and courage.
- Uale Mai, from Vailoa village, is a rugby union player and former captain of the Samoa Sevens team and one of the great players in the international sport. He is the only Samoan to be awarded the IRB International Sevens Player of the Year which he received for the 2005–06 World Sevens Series.
- Jay Laga'aia, from Faala village ia an actor, Laga'aia is known for his part on Australian children's TV show Playschool, and also for his role as Captain Typho in the films Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. He played the role of Draco in several episodes of the television series Xena: Warrior Princess.
View from Pulemelei Mound
- "Samoa’s Sili hydro plan scuttled, 12 March 2004 UTC". Radio New Zealand International. Retrieved 23 November 2009.
-  Samoan Village Patterns: Four Examples by Jesse D. Jennings, Richard Holmer and Gregory Jackmond, University of Utah, Journal of the Polynesian Society, Vol. 91, No. 1, 1982. Retrieved 6 November 2009
- "Mai returns as squads declared for NZI Sevens". International Rugby Board, News. 4 February 2010. Retrieved 2 April 2010.