|Industry||Smart Grid, Smart City, Energy management, Machine to Machine, Internet of Things, Wireless Sensor Network, Virtual Network Operator, Advanced Metering Infrastructure, Satellite communications|
|Founded||Novazzano, Ticino Canton, Switzerland (2005)|
|Headquarters||Novazzano, Ticino Canton, Switzerland|
|Gianni Minetti, President and CEO|
|Products||IPv6/6LoWPAN based communication network, Virtual Network Operator, Advanced Metering Infrastructure, Urban and Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks, OEM Solutions|
|Website||Official website, PE.STONE|
Paradox Engineering SA is a Swiss technology company developing virtual network solutions for data collection and remote device control. The company operates through global virtual networks for industrial remote monitoring (oil & gas industry, Waste-to-Energy (WTE) plants  and more), urban and industrial Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) and Smart Grid / Smart City.
Paradox Engineering was founded in 2005 in Novazzano, Ticino Canton, Switzerland. At the beginning, it started working on industrial wireless sensor networks solutions entering the remote and condition monitoring and telemetry market in 2010.
In 2011, it enters the Smart Metering, Smart Grid and Smart City markets with the introduction of a smart metering solution (PE.AMI). The sales operations were extended to Asia Pacific, with the opening of branch offices in Singapore and in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), starting to serve the Machine to Machine and SCADA markets.
In 2011 the company signed some agreements with other technology companies such as NEC, in order to provide Smart Grid solutions to the market, and Abertis telecom, to develop new solutions related to Smart Grid and Smart Cities.
The company was acknowledged with the Living Labs Global Award 2012 for presenting a wireless sensor network solution to meet the needs of San Francisco’s multifunctional wireless network.
In 2012 Paradox Engineering and Streetlight.Vision  have partnered to offer smart city solutions, including street light management.
The company has worked in collaboration with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission for a pilot project supporting the management of streetlights, Ev charging stations, electric meters and traffic signals management in the city.
In 2012 the company opened a branch office in San Francisco (North America).
In 2013 the city of Paris implements the company’s technology to manage public lighting along the Voies sur Berges.
In June 2013 Paradox Engineering was chosen for the delivery of a Smart City project in Chiasso, Switzerland.
In 2013 other partnerships were signed by the company with Philips Lighting  to develop solutions for road and street lighting management, with Oracle for integrated Smart City solutions and with Luminaid.
In November 2013, the company announced the launch of a new vertical solution for parking management, which will support utilities and municipalities to reduce traffic congestion and offering an improved service to citizens.
December 2, 2013 Paradox Engineering announced the Japanese multinational Company Minebea Co. Ltd have joined the company as shareholder to further strengthen the presence in Smart City/Smart Grid, smart building and industrial sensor network markets.
December 2013, Paradox Engineering announced a new Smart city project in Switzerland for 2014: Bellinzona, the Capital of Ticino Canton, will implement the company's multipurpose platform PE.AMI for lighting management.
- "Keeping a watchful eye on oil and gas sites". Wireless-mag.com. September 7, 2012.
- "Waste-to-Energy Monitoring". Hazmatmag.com. September 1, 2011.
- "Smart Cities – The City of the future, today". Tech&Security. November 12, 2013.
- "Paradox Engineering Office Opens in Singapore". Control Engineering Asia.com. June 9, 2010.
- "Paradox Engineering opens office in Kuala Lumpur". Automation.com. October 18, 2011.
- "PE.AMI smart grid solution introduced by Paradox Engineering". Metering.com. September 16, 2011.
- "Paradox Engineering and NEC to collaborate on smart grid projects in EMEA region". Metering.com. December 16, 2011. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- "Paradox Engineering partners with Abertis for smart technology development". New Energy World Network. November 30, 2011. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- Sarah Murray (May 22, 2013). "Smart cities: Urban areas set to be test beds". Financialtimes.com.
- "Paradox Engineering, Streetlight.Vision partner to offer smart city solutions". New Energy World Network. November 8, 2012. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- Cheryl Kaften (November 13, 2012). "Taking Technology to the Streets of San Francisco". Green Technology World.
- "Paradox Engineering delivers smart lighting in Paris voie sur berges area". Kenya Engineer. May 24, 2013.
- Toni McConnel (May 15, 2013). "PE.STONE platform provides tailorable approach to wireless Internet of Things". Wirelesssensors.co.uk.
- "Chiasso choses Paradox Engineering to turn smart". M2Mworldnews.com. July 23, 2013. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- "Paradox Engineering and Philips Lighting collaborate on smart street-lighting". Wireless-mag.com. April 3, 2013.
- Georgina Enzer (May 2, 2013). "Oracle partners with Paradox for smart cities". Arabianindustry.com. Retrieved July 24, 2013.
- "Luminaid and Paradox Engineering to supply smart lighting". New Energy World Network. May 28, 2013. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- "Paradox Engineering releases remote parking-lot management system as part of smart city offerings". LEDsMagazine.com. November 13, 2013.
- "Announcement regarding Minebea's capital participation in Paradox Engineering SA". Noodls.com. December 2, 2013.
- "Paradox to supply smart lighting to Bellinzona, Switzerland". Automation.com. December 12, 2013.
- "Paradox Engineering SA – unlocking the value of your data". Official web site.
- "PE.STONE-Build your own Internet of Things solution". Official web site.