Peg Perego is an Italian manufacturer of juvenile products (i.e., strollers, high chairs, car seats, children’s ride-on toys). In addition to their home location in Italy, the company now has offices in Brazil, Canada, and the United States.
In 1949, Giuseppe Pérego decided to design a baby carriage for his son. His neighbors were impressed and requested their own custom creations. Eventually, the carriages became so popular that he started a company. After carriages, Peg Perego’s baby products have since expanded to include strollers, car seats, and high chairs.
In 1960, the company looked into a slightly more mature market: children's ride-on toys. Peg Perego designed and built plastic, pedal-operated children’s riding vehicles. These toys have become more advanced, and the company now sells battery-powered John Deere, Polaris, Cub Cadet, Ducati, and Vespa ride-on toys for children.
The Nanny Diaries: Scarlett Johansson pushes a Pliko P3 (Freestyle Mint)
Baby and Children’s Product News: 2008 Readers’ Favorites Awards (3rd place-Carseats)
Creative Child Magazine: 2007 Top Choice of the Year (Prima Pappa Best High Chair and Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 Car Seat)
Creative Child Magazine: 2007 Seal of Excellence (Pliko P3)
Kind + Jugend Innovation Award: 2007 World of Mobile Baby (Skate)
On July 24, 2012, The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Peg Perego USA Inc., of Fort Wayne, Indiana, is announcing a voluntary recall of about 223,000 strollers due to a risk of entrapment and strangulation.
- Austria - PETER HERZOG HANDELSAGENTUR
- Czech Republic - VISPA Náchod s.r.o.
- Germany - MARKETING UND VERTRIEB
- Holland - OKU BUSINESS PARTNERS
- Israel - PUPIK TOYS LTD.
- Poland - AGNES-IM
- Russia - SAKS LTD
- Spain - TOYSTECNIC POSTVENTA Y RECAMBIOS
- Sweden - INNOGAME A/S, MAKI A/S
- Ukraine - ALIMPEX GROUP, PEG PEREGO UKRAINE
- United Kingdom - MAMAS & PAPAS LTD.
- Peg Perego Official Site
- "Peg Perego Recalls Strollers Due to Risk of Entrapment and Strangulation; One Child Death Reported". CPSC. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Peg Perego in Ukraine