Please Don't Eat the Daisies (film)
|Please Don't Eat the Daisies|
|Directed by||Charles Walters|
|Produced by||Joe Pasternak|
|Written by||Isobel Lennart
|Music by||David Rose|
|Cinematography||Robert J. Bronner|
|Editing by||John McSweeney Jr.|
|Release dates||March 31, 1960|
|Running time||112 min|
Please Don't Eat the Daisies (1960) is a comedy film starring Doris Day and David Niven, made by Euterpe Inc., and distributed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. The movie was directed by Charles Walters and produced by Joe Pasternak, with Martin Melcher (Day's husband) as associate producer.
The film also features Janis Paige, Spring Byington, Richard Haydn, Patsy Kelly, and Jack Weston. Its story follows a newly instated drama critic, his wife and four young sons who leave the city for a big country house.
- Doris Day ... Kate Robinson Mackay
- David Niven ... Lawrence Larry Mackay
- Janis Paige ... Deborah Vaughn
- Spring Byington ... Suzie Robinson
- Richard Haydn ... Alfred North
- Patsy Kelly ... Maggie
- Jack Weston ... Joe Positano
- John Harding ... Reverend Norman McQuarry
- Margaret Lindsay ... Mona James
- Carmen Phillips ... Mary Smith 
- Mary Patton ... Mrs. Hunter
- Charles Herbert ... David Mackay
- Stanley Livingston ... Gabriel MacKay
- Flip Mark ... George MacKay
- Baby Gellert ... Adam McKay
According to MGM records the film earned $5,150,000 in the US and Canada and $1.9 million elsewhere, resulting in a profit of $1,842,000.
References in other media
- The Eddie Mannix Ledger, Los Angeles: Margaret Herrick Library, Center for Motion Picture Study.
- Los Angeles Times Staff and Wire Reports. "Carmen Phillips, 65; Movie and TV Actress, Animal Rights Activist". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2013-10-28.
- Please Don't Eat the Daisies at the Internet Movie Database
- Please Don't Eat the Daisies at allmovie
- Please Don't Eat the Daisies at the TCM Movie Database
- Please Don't Eat the Daisies (1960) at Rotten Tomatoes