At the new year congratulatory imperial palace visit. 2 January 2013
|House||Imperial House of Japan|
|Father||Norihito, Prince Takamado|
|Mother||Hisako, Princess Takamado|
22 July 1988 |
Aiiku Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Noriko Senge (千家典子 Senge Noriko?, born 22 July 1988), formerly Princess Noriko of Takamado (典子女王 Noriko Joō?), is a former member of the Imperial House of Japan and the second daughter of Norihito, Prince Takamado and Hisako, Princess Takamado. She married Kunimaro Senge on 5 October 2014. As a result, she gave up her imperial title and left the Japanese Imperial Family, as required by law.
After her birth, her father, Prince Takamado, chose her name. She went to Gakushuin Kindergarten. After that she attended the prestigious Gakushuin School for her primary, junior high, and high school education.
In July 2008, she came of age and attended official ceremonies in Japan with the other members of the Imperial Family. She attended official functions at the palace and accompanied her mother to some other official events, as well as attending some on her own. In March 2011, she graduated from Gakushuin University.
On May 27, 2014, she announced her engagement to Kunimaro Senge, a kannushi for the Izumo-taisha shrine. The two married on 5 October at the shrine. After the wedding, Princess Noriko lost her imperial status. This change in her status is mandated by the Imperial Household Law of 1947 that requires females of the Imperial Family to relinquish their title from birth, official membership in the Imperial Family, and allowance from the state upon marriage. The government has decided to bestow a one-time ¥106.75 million allowance on the couple.
Titles and styles
Princess Noriko of Takamado
(before her marriage)
|Reference style||Her Imperial Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Imperial Highness|
Prior to her marriage on 5 October 2014, she was styled as "Her Imperial Highness Princess Noriko of Takamado". After her marriage, she became known as "Mrs. Kunimaro Senge", having adopted her husband's surname.
|Ancestors of Noriko Senge|
- "Funeral held for Japan's prince". BBC Online. 29 November 2002. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- "Personal History of Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamado and her family". Imperial Household Agency. Retrieved 2012-05-19.
- "Imperial Family Attends Spring Garden Party". Royal Hats blog.
- "Wedding Bells to Ring for Japanese Princess". Wall Street Journal Japan.
- "Princess Noriko marries son of Izumo Taisha priest, relinquishes royal status". Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Photo of Noriko wearing the peony of the Order of the Precious Crown". Imperial Family of Japan - Word Press.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Princess Noriko of Takamado.|
|This biography of a member of the Imperial House of Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|