Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
|Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng.|
Institution of Mechanical Engineers (United Kingdom)
The Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers were first published by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) in 1847. The Proceedings were published under this single title until 1963, when they began to be published in two parts. The Proceedings have since expanded further, in part by incorporating four journals previously published separately: the Proceedings of the Institution of Automobile Engineers (in 1971), the Journal of the Institution of Locomotive Engineers (in 1971), the Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science (in 1983) and Engineering in Medicine (in 1989). Sixteen individual parts now make up the Proceedings, as follows:
- Part A: Journal of Power and Energy
- Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture
- Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science
- Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering
- Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering
- Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit
- Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering
- Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine
- Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering
- Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology
- Part K: Journal of Multi-body Dynamics
- Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications
- Part M: Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment
- Part N: Journal of Nanoengineering and Nanosystems
- Part O: Journal of Risk and Reliability
- Part P: Journal of Sports Engineering and Technology
Abstracting and indexing
- Stankus, Tony (2002), Journals of the Century, Psychology Press, p. 378, ISBN 978-0-7890-1134-3.
- "IMechE publications timeline on IMechE Proceedings Archive website". 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- "IMechE details on SAGE Publications website". 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- "IMechE-SAGE Publications press release". 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- "IMechE Proceedings Archive homepage". 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Engineering, Mechanical". 2010 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.) (Thomson Reuters). 2011.