From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up protocol in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Protocol may refer to:
- Protocol, etiquette
- Protocol (diplomacy), the etiquette of diplomacy and affairs of state
- Protocol (politics), a formal agreement between nation states
- The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, an antisemitic tract
- Kyoto Protocol, a protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- Protocol I, an amendment to the Geneva Conventions
- Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees, a United Nations convention on the status of refugees
The arts 
- Protocol (band), British band.
- Protocol (film), a 1984 comedy film.
- Protocol (album), the début album/EP from Simon Phillips
- A song from Gordon Lightfoot's album Summertime Dream
- Protocol (natural sciences), a predefined written procedural method of conducting experiments
- Clinical trial protocol, a document that plans a clinical trial
- Medical protocol (disambiguation), various meanings, most prominently including guidelines for medical treatment
- Communications protocol, a set of rules and regulations that determine how data is transmitted in telecommunications and computer networking
- Cryptographic protocol, a protocol for encrypting messages
- Proprietary protocol, a telecommunications protocol that is patented
- Quantum cryptography protocol, a protocol for encrypting messages
- List of network protocols
- Protocol Buffers, a serialization format of computer software
- Protocol (object-oriented programming), a common means for unrelated objects to communicate with each other
- Routing protocol, a set of rules that determines how routers shall route communications
- AAA protocol, a computer security protocol
- URI scheme, often referred to as "protocol"
See also 
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.