|Wallace Ralston Westlake|
|47th Mayor of Columbus|
January 1, 1960 – January 1, 1964
|Preceded by||Jack Sensenbrenner|
|Succeeded by||Jack Sensenbrenner|
August 27, 1907|
|Died||December 9, 1978
|Resting place||Green Lawn Cemetery
|Spouse(s)||Helen Elizabeth Siegwald|
|Residence||3300 West Broad St.
|Alma mater||West High School|
City Council Member
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
Wallace Ralston Westlake (August 27, 1907 – December 9, 1978), an American politician of the Republican Party from the U.S. state of Ohio. He was the 47th mayor of Columbus, Ohio and the 43rd person to serve in that office. He served one term in office until he lost re-election in the 1963 mayoral election by former mayor Jack Sensenbrenner.
He served in the US Army during World War II, was a member of the Lutheran Church, the Freemasons and the Shriners. He was born in the Hilltop neighborhood in Columbus on South Highland Avenue and lived in that area throughout his life. As an adult, he lived in a two story home located at 3300 West Broad Street where he also owned a small motel and glass business for many years. The property was later sold and the vacant land behind it was converted to self storage units and the motel units were converted to small offices. He died on December 9, 1978.
- Egger (1975), pp. 51.
- "The Battle For City Hall: Columbus; National Affairs". Time Magazine (New York City) 76 (20): 31. November 16, 1959.
- "Former Mayor M. E. Sensenbrenner Regains the Office of Columbus Mayor, Defeating Incumbent Mayor Westlake; Republicans Retain Their 6-1 Majority On City Council". The Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, Ohio). November 6, 1963. p. 1A.
- "Funeral Is Set For Former Columbus Mayor W. Ralston Westlake, 71, Who Died of a Heart Attack At Mt. Carmel Hospital". The Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, Ohio). December 11, 1978. p. 8B.
- St. Clair, Duane (December 29, 1963). "Accomplishments of the Administration of Columbus Mayor Westlake Are Summarized; Are Said to Outweigh His Mistakes". The Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, Ohio). p. 33A.
- "Westlake, Wallace Ralston (1907-12/9/1978)". Columbus in Historic Photographs. Columbus, Ohio: Columbus Metropolitan Library. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
|Mayor of Columbus, Ohio
|This article about a mayor in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|