May 16, 1989 |
|Listed height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Listed weight||165 lb (75 kg)|
|High school||Sheffield (Memphis, Tennessee)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Undrafted|
|2013–2014||Krasny Oktyabr (Russia)|
|2014||Sagesse Beirut (Lebanon)|
|Career highlights and awards|
He played for the University of Texas El Paso Miners. He is in Conference USA's top 15 all-time in career scoring, and in 2009–10 was named the Conference USA Men's Basketball Player of the Year. In Culpepper's first season, he was named NCAA sixth man of year. He averaged 12 points and 2 rebounds. In his second year he was a solid starter averaging 15 points and 3 rebounds. His 3rd year, he was a C-USA champ averaging 17 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists. He had the league high with 45 points against West Carolina. His senior year he averaged 19 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists.
On June 29, 2011 he signed with Ferro-ZNTU of the Ukrainian SuperLeague. On April 26, 2012 he re-signed with them for one more season. In July 2013, he signed a two-year deal with Russian team Krasny Oktyabr. He was waived in March 2014. He then signed with Sagesse Beirut of Lebanon. However he left Sagesse after only two games. In September 2014, he signed with Jilin Northeast Tigers of China. However he did not pass the tryout period with the Chinese team.
- UTEP's Culpepper Named C-USA Men's Basketball Preseason Player of the Year
- "Randy Culpepper inks with Ferro-ZNTU". Sportando.net. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Ferro-ZNTU re-sign Randy Culpepper". Sportando.net. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Randy Culpepper signs for two seasons with Krasny Oktyabr". Sportando. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Krasny Oktyabr waive Randy Culpepper". Sportando.net. 4 March 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Randy Culpepper signs in Lebanon with Sagesse". Sportando.net. 4 March 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- Randy Culpepper set to leave Sagesse
- Jilin Tigers ink Randy Culpepper, ex Sagesse
- Randy Culpepper doesn't pass try out with Chinese team Jilin