|Occupation||film writer, producer, and Rabbi|
|Known for||Producing Obsession: Radical Islam’s War Against the West|
|Relatives||Ephraim Shore (brother), the former head of HonestReporting|
Raphael Shore is a Canadian-Israeli film writer, producer, and rabbi. He is the founder of The Clarion Fund, a non-profit organization that seeks to "educate Americans about issues of national security".
Early life and education
Shore previously worked for Aish HaTorah, an Orthodox organization devoted to promoting Jewish learning, and has collaborated with its sub-organization, HonestReporting, a pro-Israel media watchdog site run by his brother Ephraim.
Shore wrote and produced the documentary films Relentless: The Struggle for Peace in the Middle East, Obsession: Radical Islam’s War Against the West, The Third Jihad: Radical Islam's Vision for America, and IRANIUM.
Shore's anti-Islam documentary, Obsession, became a controversial part of the 2008 United States presidential campaign when he distributed copies of it to 28 million voters in U.S. swing states in an apparent attempt to convince them of the dangers of Muslims in the run-up to the election. Shore has declined to reveal who funded both the production of the film or dissemination of the DVDs.
Shore produced the 2012 documentary Israel Inside: How a Small Nation Makes a Big Difference, narrated by Tal Ben-Shahar. The film explores dimensions of Israeli history and society that tend not to be addressed in mainstream coverage of the country.
Jerusalem Online U.
In 2007 Shore founded the unaccredited Jerusalem Online U., an educational portal offering classes on Israel, positive psychology, Judaism and cinema. Jerusalem Online U. speakers include Tal Ben-Shahar and Tzvi Gluckin.
- Daphna Berman. "Obsession Stokes Passions, Fears and Controversy". Haaretz. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- Ali Gharib; Eli Clifton. "POLITICS: Neo-cons, Ex-Israeli Diplomats Push Islamophobic Video". Inter Press Service. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- Eric Gorski. "Muslim group seeks probe of 'radical Islam' DVD". Associated Press. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- Powerful New Film - Crossing the Line - Details Rise of Anti-Semitism on Campus, Feb. 22, 2010 
- Alarming anti-Israel activity at UC Irvine and other universities, Natalie Menaged and Alan Levine 
- Hoffman, Gil (25 March 2012). "Film aims to encapsulate ‘Start-Up Nation’s’ success". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Naomi Zeveloff, Is Jerusalem Online U. A Real College? The Jewish Daily Forward. http://forward.com/articles/145611/is-jerusalem-online-u-a-real-college/#ixzz1wOHN9HTI