|Occupation||film writer, producer, and Rabbi|
|Known for||Producing Obsession: Radical Islam’s War Against the West|
|Relatives||Ephraim Shore (brother), the former head of HonestReporting|
Raphael Shore is a Canadian-Israeli film writer, producer, and rabbi. He is the founder of The Clarion Fund, a non-profit organization that seeks to "educate Americans about issues of national security".
Shore wrote and produced the documentary films Relentless: The Struggle for Peace in the Middle East, Obsession: Radical Islam’s War Against the West, The Third Jihad: Radical Islam's Vision for America, and IRANIUM.
Shore's documentary about radical Islam, Obsession, became a controversial part of the 2008 presidential campaign when he distributed copies of it to 28 million voters in U.S. swing states in an apparent attempt to convince them of the dangers of Islamic terror in the run-up to the election. Shore has declined to reveal who funded both the production of the film or dissemination of the DVDs.
Shore produced the 2012 documentary Israel Inside: How a Small Nation Makes a Big Difference, narrated by Tal Ben-Shahar. The film explores dimensions of Israeli history and society that tend not to be addressed in mainstream coverage of the country.
Shore is also a regular critic of the media coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, coverage which he alleges is regularly anti-Israel.
Jerusalem Online U.
In 2007 Shore founded Jerusalem Online U., an educational portal offering classes on Israel, positive psychology, Judaism and cinema. In 2011 the program was expanded to include JOU Max, a live, interactive Jewish educational program. Jerusalem Online U. speakers include Tal Ben-Shahar, Tzvi Gluckin, and others.
Shore previously worked for Aish HaTorah, an Orthodox organization devoted to promoting Jewish learning, and has collaborated with its sub-organization, HonestReporting, a pro-Israel media watchdog site.
- Daphna Berman. "Obsession Stokes Passions, Fears and Controversy". Haaretz. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- Hoffman, Gil (25 March 2012). "Film aims to encapsulate ‘Start-Up Nation’s’ success". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- "Media coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Raphael Shore". USA Today. 2005-01-21. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- Naomi Zeveloff, Is Jerusalem Online U. A Real College? The Jewish Daily Forward. http://forward.com/articles/145611/is-jerusalem-online-u-a-real-college/#ixzz1wOHN9HTI
- Eric Gorski. "Muslim group seeks probe of 'radical Islam' DVD". Associated Press. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- Ali Gharib; Eli Clifton. "POLITICS: Neo-cons, Ex-Israeli Diplomats Push Islamophobic Video". Inter Press Service. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- Powerful New Film - Crossing the Line - Details Rise of Anti-Semitism on Campus, Feb. 22, 2010 
- Alarming anti-Israel activity at UC Irvine and other universities, Natalie Menaged and Alan Levine