|Competitor for Azerbaijan|
|Bronze||2003 Garmisch||72 kg|
|Bronze||2009 Copenhagen||80 kg|
|Silver||2002 Samsun||72 kg|
|Bronze||2004 Lillehammer||78 kg|
|Bronze||2005 Riga||78 kg|
|Silver||2006 Bonn||78 kg|
Rashad Ahmadov (Azerbaijani: Rəşəd Əhmədov; born January 5, 1981 in Yevlakh) is an Azerbaijani taekwondo practitioner. He is a four-time medalist at the European Taekwondo Championships, and a two-time bronze medalist for the welterweight division at the World Taekwondo Championships (2003 in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany and 2009 in Copenhagen, Denmark).
Ahmadov made his official debut for the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, where he competed in the men's welterweight category (80 kg). He defeated Trinidad and Tobago's Chinedum Osuji and France's Christophe Negrel in the first two rounds, before losing out the semi-final match by a superiority decision to Turkey's Bahri Tanrıkulu. Ahmadov was eventually beaten by Iran's Youssef Karami in a close match for the bronze medal, with the final score of 8–9. Following his sudden defeat, the Azerbaijani team stormed the fighting area, and launched a resentful protest at Olympic officials.
At the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, Ahmadov qualified for the second time in the men's 80 kg class after placing second from the European Qualification Tournament in Istanbul, Turkey. Ahmadov defeated Qatar's Abdulqader Hikmat Sarhan in the preliminary round and Canada's Sébastien Michaud by a superiority decision in the quarterfinals. He repeated his fate in the semi-final match from the previous games, when he lost to former heavyweight champion Hadi Saei of Iran, with a score of 1–4. Ahmadov automatically qualified for the bronze medal bout, where he was defeated in a tight match against American taekwondo jin and two-time defending champion Steven López, with a final score of 2–3.
- "Rashad Ahmadov". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Steven Lopez Becomes 1st 5-time World Champion in Taekwondo". World Taekwondo Federation. 15 October 2009. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Row mars taekwondo final". BBC Sport. 28 August 2004. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "WTF European Taekwondo Qualification Tournament Wraps Up in Success in Istanbul, Turkey". World Taekwondo Federation. 31 January 2008. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Men's 80kg (176 lbs) Semifinals". NBC Olympics. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Men's 80kg (176 lbs) Bronze Medal". NBC Olympics. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "USA's Steven Lopez adds bronze to family's medal haul". USA Today. 22 August 2008. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
|This Azerbaijani biographical article relating to sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to Taekwondo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|