From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Realistic)
|Look up realism, realist, or realistic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Realism, Realistic, or Realists may refer to:
- Realism (arts), the general attempt to depict subjects truthfully
- Realism art movement, 19th century painting movement
- Realism (international relations), the view that world politics are driven by competitive self-interest
- Realism (theatre), 19th century theatre movement focused on bringing fidelity of real life to texts and performances
- Literary realism, a literary movement stressing the depiction of contemporary life and society as it exists or existed
- Philosophical realism, belief that reality exists independently of observers
- Moral realism or ethical realism, a non-nihilist view of morality that claims ethical sentences express propositions made true by objective features of the world, independent of subjective opinion
- Scientific realism, the doctrine that certain objects or theories in science are real
- Depressive realism, a theory that individuals suffering from clinical depression have a more accurate view of reality
- Ethnographic realism, a writing style that narrates the author's anthropological observations as if they were first-hand
- Legal realism, a jurisprudence emphasizing the substantive results of the law
- Tactical realism, a genre of combat simulations in computer gaming
- Magic realism, a literary genre
- Realism theory, the belief that cognitive biases are not "errors", but rather methods of dealing with the "real world"
- Vienna School of Fantastic Realism, art movement
- Realism (The Magnetic Fields album), an album by The Magnetic Fields
- Realism (Steril album), an album by Steril
- Realistic (album), an album by Ivy
- Realistic (brand), a brand of home audio electronics produced by RadioShack
- Realists, a typeface in VOX-ATypI classification
- Irrealism (disambiguation)
- Real (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "realism"
- All pages with titles containing "realism"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.