|Original author(s)||David Jones, Resolve Digital|
|Developer(s)||Philip Arndt, Uģis Ozols, Rob Yurkowski|
|Initial release||May 2009|
|Stable release||2.1.2 / March 14, 2014|
|Preview release||3.0.0.dev / March 24, 2014|
|Platform||Ruby on Rails|
|Available in||Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Norwegian Bokmål, Português, Slovenian|
|Type||Content management system|
Refinery differs from similar products by targeting a non-technical end user and allowing the developer to create a flexible website rapidly by staying as close as possible to the conventions of the Ruby on Rails framework.
Version 1.0.0 was released on 28 May 2011 - exactly 2 years after it was first released as open source software.
Version 2.0.0 was released on 29 February 2012.
Version 2.1.0 was released on 5 August 2013.
Refinery started as a closed sourced project written by David Jones at Resolve Digital in 2004 and went on to be released as open source software under the MIT License on 28 May 2009. Since then it has, under the direction of Philip Arndt and Uģis Ozols, gained popularity and is now the most popular Ruby on Rails CMS  with more than 200 contributors  and an active community extending the application with engines.
- Engine architecture
- WYSIWYG content editing
- Localisation (currently supports 29 languages )
- Page management
- Image and File management
- Contact form and inquiry management
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Official website
- Official Code Repository
- Refinery CMS Guides
- Official Demo
- Official Google Group
- Official IRC Channel
- Rails Magazine: An Overview of Refinery - a Rails CMS
- Finalists in the New Zealand Open Source Awards 2010
- "Licence". Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- Ruby Weekly (2012-03-01). "Ruby Weekly Issue 83 - March 1, 2012". Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- "resolve's refinerycms at master". Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "Refinery CMS 1.0 Released". Retrieved 2010-05-28.
- "Refinery CMS 2.0 Released". Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- "Refinery CMS 2.1.0 Released". Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- Patrick Morrow (2009-06-04). "RefineryCMS Goes Public". Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- David Jones (2009-05-28). "First checkin - public release begins". Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- Dan Benjamin and Jason Seifer (2010-01-21). The Ruby Show: Episode 104: Something New (MP3) (in english). Event occurs at 09:58. Archived from the original on 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- "The Ruby Toolbox - Content Management". Retrieved 2010-12-19.
- "Contributors to resolve/refinery - Github". Retrieved 2010-12-19.
- "Engines - refinerycms - Github". Retrieved 2010-11-18.
- Gregg Pollack and Nathaniel Bibler (2010-07-06). Episode #91 - July 6, 2010 (Flash) (in english). Event occurs at 01:54. Retrieved 2010-07-12.