The work, Regimen in Acute Diseases, attributed to the ancient Greek physician, Hippocrates of Cos, describes the types and usage of medical regimens in his era (400 BCE). This is perhaps the first appearance of the term. PubMed at the US National Library of Medicine lists over 220,000 articles using the term "regimen" from 1892 to January 2013.
Usage in statistics
- "Regimen." Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary. 2010.
- Alderman, Lesley. "Aftercare tips for patients checking out of the hospital." New York Times 19 June 2010: B6(L).
- Hippocrates of Cos. On Regimen in Acute Diseases Francis Adams, trans. 400 BCE.
- *Riley, Mark T. "Hippocrates." Great Thinkers of the Western World. HarperCollins Publishers, 1992. 16+.
- PubMed Search term: Regimen
|This health-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|