Rei (given name)
|Rei (given name)|
|Pronunciation||similar to the English word "ray"|
|Word/Name||Hebrew and Japanese|
|Meaning||Japanese: Different depending on the kanji used
Hebrew: my shepherd; my companion; my friend
|Region of origin|
|Look up Rei in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rei, sometimes spelled Re'i in Hebrew, is both a Japanese given name and a Hebrew given name. In Japanese, Rei can can have different meanings depending on the kanji used. In Hebrew, the name Rei originates from biblical texts which mean "my shepherd; my companion; my friend". Rei can also be used as a surname. In Hebrew, Rei can be given to either sex while in Japanese, Rei is generally only a given name for females.
Possible Writings in Japanese
- 麗, "lovely"
- 霊, "spirit"
- 例, "example"
- 霊, "ghost"
- 零, "zero"
- 麗, "elegance"
- 玲, "jade"
- Rei (רעי), one of those who retained their allegiance to King David when Adonijah rebelled: 1 Kings 1:8
- Rei Berroa, a Dominican-American poet, university professor, literary and cultural critic, and translator
- Rei Hiroe (広江 礼威, born 1972), Japanese manga artist
- Rei Igarashi (大濱 貴子, born 1963), Japanese actress and voice actress
- Rei Kawakubo (川久保 玲, born 1942), Japanese fashion designer, founder of Comme des Garçons
- Rei Kikukawa (菊川 怜, born 1978), Japanese actress, model and television presenter
- Rei Mikamoto (三家本 礼), Japanese horror manga artist
- Rei Okamoto, (岡本玲, born 1991), Japanese model and actress
- Rei Omishi (臣士れい), Japanese screenwriter and manga author/artist
- Reihaneh "Rei" Safavi-Naini (ريحانه صفوی نائينی), Iranian-born computer science professor
- Rei Sakuma (佐久間 レイ), a Japanese voice actor
- Pelé ("The King" (O Rei)), Brazilian football player
- Rei (wrestler), Hong Kong professional wrestler
- Rei Ayanami, from the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion, and the film The End of Evangelion
- Rei Hasekura, from the light novel series Maria-sama Ga Miteru
- Rei Hino (Sailor Mars), one of the main characters in the Sailor Moon anime and manga series
- Rei Hizuki, a secondary character in Sky Girls
- Rei Kashino, a troubled playboy who is a professional motorcycle racer
- Rei Kurosawa, a 23-year-old freelance photographer from the Fatal Frame video games
- Rei (Breath of Fire character), from Breath of Fire III
- Rei (Fist of the North Star character)
- Rei Tachibana (aka Dynapink), from Kagaku Sentai Dynaman
- Rei Toei, from the Bridge trilogy novels
- Rei (Urusei Yatsura character)
- Rei the canine warrior from the PS2 game Ōkami
- Rei Ryghts, a character in the PS3 game Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
- Rei Ryugazaki, from the anime series Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club.
- Higurashi Rei, the third season of the anime Higurashi When They Cry
- REI, a sporting goods and outdoor gear consumer cooperative
- Rei Momo (Carnival character)
- Rei Momo, an album
- Rei vindicatio
- REI, FAA/IATA identifier for Redlands Municipal Airport a public use airport in Redlands, California
- Rei, Portuguese name for a King in Chess
- Radiation Effects in Insulators, an international conference held every second year since 1981
- Recreational Equipment Incorporated, US retail corporation organized as a consumers' cooperative
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility, a surgical subspecialty of obstetrics and gynecology
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.