|Full name||Renae Nicole Cuéllar|
|Date of birth||24 June 1990|
|Place of birth||Bellflower, California|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|2013||FC Kansas City||11||(5)|
|2013||Seattle Reign FC||7||(0)|
|2013||→ Sundsvalls DFF (loan)||2||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of September 6, 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Renae Nicole Cuéllar (born June 24, 1990) is a Mexican-American professional football forward. She is currently with the Washington Spirit in the National Women's Soccer League and is a member of the Mexico women's national football team.
Born in Bellflower, California to Andy Garcia and Dolores Cuéllar, Renae attended Los Altos High School in Hacienda Heights, California where she was a three-year letterwinner and three time all-conference, all-city, all-district, all-region, and Offensive Player of the Year. In 2005, she was named Rookie of the Year.
Cuéllar played for the club team CRSC Infinity G U-19 Premier League and was a member of the Cal South Olympic Development Program State team for five years and Region IV Olympic Development Program for four years. She was also a member of the United States U-14 to U-18 national pool teams.
Cuéllar attended the University of Arizona and played for the Wildcats from 2008-2011. As a freshman, she appeared in 19 games for the Wildcats, starting 18 of them as forward. She was named to the All-Pac-10 Freshman team and was selected as honorable mention for the All-Pac-10 Team. She tied for the team lead with five goals and second on the team with assists with two. Cuéllar led the Wildcats in shots on goal with 48, game winning goals with four, and came in second on the team with total points with 12. During her sophomore year, she was responsible for over a third of the team's scoring and nearly a quarter of the team's total attempts at goal. She led the team in points with 12, goals with six, shots at 43 and shots on goal at 21. She was an honorable mention selection to the All-Pac-10 team the same year. As a junior, Cuéllar scored six goals and provided three assists in the first six games of the season, before suffering a season-ending knee injury.
In 2012, she transferred to the University of Oklahoma and played for the Oklahoma Sooners during her senior year. Cuéllar led the Sooners with 26 points from a team-high 12 goals, which ranked as the third-most in a single season in school history. She made OU soccer history by being named the 2012 Big 12 Conference Offensive Player of the Year and became the first member of the Oklahoma program to earn a spot on the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) All-Central Region First Team. Cuellar also earned All-Big 12 First Team and Big 12 All-Newcomer Team honors. She was named Big 12 Newcomer of the Week twice in 2012, earned national honors when she was named Disney Soccer/NSCAA Player of the Week after scoring game-winning goals against Kansas and TCU.
FC Kansas City
In 2013, as part of the NWSL Player Allocation, Cuéllar joined FC Kansas City in the new National Women's Soccer League. On April 13, Cuéllar scored the first goal in NWSL history versus Portland Thorns FC. Cuellar made 11 appearances with eight starts for the Blues and was a top-scorer in the league with five goals. She missed two games after spraining her knee and ankle during a match against the Portland Thorns FC after being tackled by defender, Rachel Buehler. She was traded to Seattle mid-season.
Seattle Reign FC
On July 1, 2013, it was announced that Cuéllar had been traded to the Seattle Reign FC in exchange for Teresa Noyola, a second round pick in the 2014 NWSL College Draft and rights to unsigned player, Nikki Krzysik. She made seven appearances for the Reign, including three starts, tallying a total of 342 minutes on the pitch.
After the conclusion of the 2013 NWSL season, Cuéllar signed with Swedish side, Sundsvalls DFF. She made her debut for the club on August 22 in a match against IF Limhamn Bunkeflo. She scored her first goal for the squad on August 30 during the team's 1-5 defeat to Sirius.
Cuéllar represented Mexico at the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup in Germany in 2010. She scored a goal in Mexico's 3-3 draw against Japan and netted the game winner in the 62nd minute in a 1-0 victory over England.
- "Renae Cuellar player profile". University of Oklahoma. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- "Cuellar Joins FC Kansas City". University of Oklahoma. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "FC Kansas City Allocated Seven Players". Our Sports Central. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "NWSL Allocation Easier Said than Done". ESPN. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Three from U.S. women’s soccer team on FC KC roster". Kansas City Star. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Portland, Kansas City tie in first-ever NWSL game". Equalizer Soccer. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Reign land Cuellar in trade sending Noyola to KC". Equalizer Soccer. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Cuellar / Noyola Trade". Seattle Reign FC. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "2013 NWSL Stats". National Women's Soccer League. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- "Renae Cuellar". Soccer Way. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- Lauletta, Dn (25 October 2013). "Spirit land Cuellar in multi-player deal". Equalizer Soccer. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "UA soccer star Cuellar plays 'heart out' for Mexico". Arizona Daily Star. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- Renae Cuéllar – FIFA competition record
- FC Kansas City player profile
- University of Oklahoma player profile
- Renae Cuéllar on Twitter