From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up representation or represent in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Representation can refer to:
- Representation (politics), one's ability to influence the political process
- Legal representation or advocacy is provided by lawyers
- Lobbying for a group of individuals or companies
- In unionised workplaces, shop stewards and union executives can represent employees
- The legal status of a statement made with regards to contract law, with consequences for misrepresentation
- A fiction of the law which causes a person to enter into another's right of succession, called 'representation,' and also called 'substitution'.
- Representation (arts), the depiction and ethical concerns of construction in visual arts and literature.
- Depiction is meaning conveyed through pictures
Social Sciences 
- Social representation is a stock of values, ideas, beliefs, and practices that are shared among the members of groups and communities
- Representation (psychology), a hypothetical 'internal' cognitive symbol that represents external reality
- Representation (chemistry)
- Representation (systemics)
- Representation (mathematics) and group representation
- Multiple representations (mathematics education)
- Knowledge representation, the study of formal ways to describe knowledge
Represent can refer to:
- Represent (Fat Joe album), a 1993 album by Fat Joe
- Represent (Compton's Most Wanted album), a 2000 album by Compton's Most Wanted
- Represent, a 1994 album by DJ Magic Mike
- "Represent" (song), a song by Nas
- "Represent", a 2009 song by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- "Represent", a 2010 single by Weezer released as an "unofficial anthem" for the United States men's national soccer team
See also 
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.