Rescue Heroes was initially a line of toys from Fisher-Price introduced in 1997. Rescue Heroes depicts various rescue personnel and their equipment. In 1999 an animated television series of the same name debuted. A film titled Rescue Heroes: The Movie was released in 2003, and it was based on the TV series.
On October 2, 1999 an animated television series based on the toy line debuted. The TV series, titled Rescue Heroes ran for three seasons, concluding on December 18, 2002.
The series, which is about a group of rescue personnel that travel the world while saving lives from both natural and man-made disasters, strives to teach proper safety techniques and how to deal with various issues (for example, what to do if an earthquake occurs). At the end of most episodes the Rescue Heroes would give safety tips and discuss how to handle the conflict presented in the episode. The episode would then usually conclude with the slogan "Think like a Rescue Hero, think safe."
Hiatus and Return
In 2007, Fisher-Price stopped producing Rescue Heroes products and updating the Rescue Heroes website. However, in 2010, Fisher-Price produced a new collection of figurines under the title "Hero World", a brand also shared with Imaginext. Among the collection were characters such as Billy Blazes and Jake Justice. These figurines are smaller than the original figurines, and are not compatible with previous playsets.
- Rescue Heroes: Hurricane Havoc (1999)
- Rescue Heroes: Meteor Madness (2001)
- Rescue Heroes: Tremor Trouble (2002)
- Rescue Heroes: Lava Landslide (2003)
- Rescue Heroes: Mission Select (2003)
- Rescue Heroes: Molten Menace (2000)
Game Boy Color
- Rescue Heroes: Fire Frenzy (2000)
Game Boy Advance
- Rescue Heroes: Billy Blazes (2003)
- Rescue Heroes Mission Masters (black and white) (2002)
- Rescue Heroes Mission Masters (color) (2003)
Radica Play TV
- Rescue Heroes
- Rescue Heroes