|School||Continental philosophy Rationalism|
Reza Negarestani is an Iranian philosopher and writer, known for "pioneering the genre of 'theory-fiction' with his book" Cyclonopedia which was published in 2008. it was listed in Artforum as one of the best books of 2009. Negarestani has been a regular contributor to Collapse (journal), as well as other print and web publications such as Ctheory. On March 11, 2011, faculty from Brooklyn College and The New School organized a symposium to discuss Cyclonopedia titled Leper Creativity. Later on in the year, Punctum books published a book with the same title that included essays, articles, artworks, and documents from or related to the symposium. In 2011, he co-edited Collapse's issue VII with Robin Mackay titled Culinary Materialism  In 2012, Negarestani collaborated with Florian Hecker on an artwork titled "Chimerization" that was included in the dOCUMENTA (13) exhibition.
After being associated with the philosophical movement of Speculative Realism for several years, Negarestani is currently lecturing and writing about rationalist universalism beginning with the evolution of the modern system of knowledge and advancing toward contemporary philosophies of rationalism, their procedures as well as their demands for special forms of human conduct.
Since his relocation to the United States of America from Asia, Negarestani has given several lectures, a list of which includes:
- The Human Centipede, A View From the Art World, in Escape Velocities symposium: E-flux, New York, November 13, 2013 
- A Script for Synthesis, collaboration with Florian Hecker: PERFORMA 13, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, November 9, 2013 
- The Labour of the Inhuman: Independent Curators International (ICI) Curatorial Hub, New York, September 24, 2013 
- Blow Your Mind: On Freedom and Enlightenment, with Ray Brassier and Suhail Malik, 88 Eldridge Street, 4th floor, New York, July 20, 2013 
- Via Finitude , A reconstruction of Nicole Oresme's diagrams: Western University, London, Ontario, May 28, 2013 
- Sonic Practice, Discourse and Auditory Experimentation, with Guerino Mazzola: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, May 9, 2013 
- Theory-fiction as Philosophy's Minecraft: University of Pennsylvania, Kelly Writers House, Philadelphia, March 28, 2013 
- The Topos of the Earth: City University of New York, NEW YORK, February 21, 2013 
- Abducting the Outside: Modernity and the Culture of Acceleration: Miguel Abreu Gallery, New York, November 18, 2012 
- The Non-Trivial Goat and the Cliffs of the Universal, with Florian Hecker: Abrons’ Playhouse, New York, Nov 15, 2012 
Negarestani's blog includes his shorter texts and the summary of his latest projects.
- "Cyclonopedia: Complicity with Anonymous Materials |". Re-press.org. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Cyclonopedia – Artforum International: Best of 2009 |". Re-press.org. 2010-01-01. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "CTheory.net". CTheory.net. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Leper Creativity: Cyclonopedia Symposium : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive". Archive.org. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Leper Creativity: Cyclonopedia Symposium". punctum books. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Collapse Vol. VII: Culinary Materialism". Urbanomic. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Escape Velocities: Symposium at". e-flux. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Performa 13 · Event · Florian Hecker". 13.performa-arts.org. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Independent Curators International - Dark Trajectories: Politics of the Outside". Curatorsintl.org. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Happy Hour". Happyhr.org. 2013-07-20. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Reza Negarestani @ Western University : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive". Archive.org. 2001-03-10. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Guerino Mazzola & Reza Negarestani Sonic Practice, Discourse and Auditory Experimentation - ACT at MIT". Act.mit.edu. 2013-05-09. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "March 2013". Writing.upenn.edu. 2013-03-31. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- Username * (2013-02-21). "CUNY Center for the Humanities". Centerforthehumanities.org. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Reza Negarestani". Miguelabreugallery.com. 2012-11-18. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- Posted 11/15/12 (2012-11-15). "Reza Negarestani & Florian Hecker: The Non-Trivial Goat and the Cliffs of the Universal". ISSUE Project Room. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Deracinating Effect". Blog.urbanomic.com. Retrieved 2013-12-24.