Richard B. Parkinson
Richard Bruce Parkinson (born 1963) is a British academic of Egyptology.
Since 1991 he has been a curator of the British Museum, where he is an Assistant Keeper of Ancient Egyptian pharaonic culture. He holds an honorary degree from the New Bulgarian University, Sofia, and is a visiting lecturer at the University of Göttingen and University of Cologne.
Parkinson's main area of research is Ancient Egyptian literature. At the British Museum, he is also responsible for the maintenance and publication of ancient papyri written in Egyptian hieroglyphs and cursive hieratic, as well as inscribed material such as the Rosetta stone. He is the supervisor of archived material, collections, and epigraphy, and is the curator of the Nebamun wall-paintings.
- Parkinson, R B (1991), The Tale of the eloquent Peasant, Griffith Institute, ISBN 978-0-900416-60-6
- Parkinson, R B (1991), Voices from ancient Egypt : an anthology of Middle Kingdom writings, British Museum, ISBN 978-0-7141-0961-9
- Parkinson, R B (1999), The Tale of Sinuhe and other ancient Egyptian poems, 1940-1640 BC, New York, ISBN 978-0-19-283966-4
- Parkinson, R B; Diffie, Whitfield; Fischer, M; Simpson, R S (1999), Cracking codes : the Rosetta stone and decipherment, University of California Press, ISBN 978-0-520-22248-9
- Parkinson, R B (2002), Poetry and culture in Middle Kingdom Egypt : a dark side to perfection, Athlone publications in Egyptology and ancient Near Eastern studies, Continuum, ISBN 978-0-8264-5637-3
- Parkinson, R B (2005), The Rosetta Stone, British Museum objects in focus, British Museum Press, ISBN 978-0-7141-5021-5
- Parkinson, R B (2008), The painted tomb-chapel of Nebamun : masterpieces of ancient Egyptian art in the British Museum, British Museum Press, ISBN 0-7141-1979-2
- Parkinson, R.B. (2009), Reading ancient egyptian poetry : among other histories, Wiley-Blackwell, ISBN 1-4051-2547-0
- Parkinson, R B (1992), "Literary Form and the "Tale of the Eloquent Peasant"", The Journal of Egyptian Archaeology 78: 163–178, ISSN 0307-5133, JSTOR 3822070, OCLC 480080131
- Schofield, L; Parkinson, R B (1994), "Of Helmets and Heretics: A Possible Egyptian Representation of Mycenaean Warriors on a Papyrus from El-Amarna", The Annual of the British School at Athens 89: 157–170, ISSN 0068-2454, JSTOR 30102567, OCLC 486343916
- Parkinson, R B (1995), "'Homosexual' Desire and Middle Kingdom Literature", The Journal of Egyptian Archaeology 81: 57–76, ISSN 0307-5133, JSTOR 3821808, OCLC 480085518
- Parkinson, R B (1997), "A Re-Identified Fragment from the Tomb of Ibi (TT 36)", The Journal of Egyptian Archaeology 83: 222–223, ISSN 0307-5133, JSTOR 3822469, OCLC 480089488
See also 
- Parkinson, Richard (1988), The tale of the eloquent peasant : a commentary, University of Oxford, OCLC 556429902
- The British Museum. Richard Parkinson. Retrieved on 08-03-2009.
- Jack Malvern, Arts Reporter (December 31, 2004). "Potter's Peter told in Ancient Egyptian". The Times.; Potter, Beatrix; Nunn, John F. (2006), Tale of Peter Rabbit: Hieroglyph Edition, British Museum Press, ISBN 978-0-7141-8209-4
- Richard Parkinson (14 March 2006). "Tomb Mates". The Advocate 958: 12. ISSN 0001-8996.