Richard J. Green
He was raised in Shaker Heights, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland, and he graduated in 1983 from Hawken School, a private preparatory day school for boys and girls. He received a BA from St. John's College, U.S. in Santa Fe, New Mexico, a "Great Books" school.
He received his PhD in physical chemistry from Stanford University in 1997 under the guidance of Professor Richard N. Zare. He was a postdoc and faculty intern at the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, and went on to work for a contractor to the U.S. government. He became known for his attempted refutation of the Leuchter report and the Rudolf report, done together with Jamie McCarthy[disambiguation needed]. Besides, he issued an expert report to the court on the occasion of the Irving v. Lipstadt Trial.
- Richard J. Green, Martin S. Marshall, Brad Rowland, "Comparisons of Passive IR Spectra to Theoretical Predictions", Fifth Joint Conference on Standoff Detection for Chemical and Biological Defense, 24–28 September 2001, Williamsburg, Virginia.
- Richard J. Green, Ken Chinn, Roger Saunders, L.N. Carter, Brad Rowland, "Agent Simulant Correlation for Passive Infrared Detectors", Fifth Joint Conference on Standoff Detection for Chemical and Biological Defense, 24–28 September 2001, Williamsburg, Virginia.
- Richard J. Green, Report of Richard J. Green, PhD., "In the Court of Appeal, 2000/2095, on appeal from the high Court of Justice, Queen's Bench Division, 1996-I-No. 1113, between: David John Caldwell Irving, Appellant, and Penguin Books Limited, First Respondent, and Deborah E. Lipstadt, Second Respondent", April 2001.
- Richard J. Green and Scott L. Anderson, "Complex formation and decay in Ion-Molecule Reactions", Int. Rev. Phys. Chem. 20 (2001) pp. 165–188.
- Richard J. Green, "A study of the Cyanide Compound Content in the Walls of the Gas Chambers in the Former Auschwitz and Birkenau Concentration Camps: An Introduction" in John C. Zimmerman, Holocaust Denial: Demographics Testimonies and Ideologies, University Press of America, Lanham, MD, 2000, pp. 259–262.
- R.J. Green and S.L. Anderson, "Pyrolysis Chemistry of JP-10", Proceedings of the 13th ONR Propulsion Meeting, pp. 271–276, Minneapolis, MN, August 10–12, 2000
- Ho-Tae Kim, Richard J. Green, and Scott L. Anderson, "Charge transfer between ND3+(v2+) and phenol", J. Chem. Phys., 113 (2000), 11079.
- Richard J. Green, Ho-Tae Kim, Jun Qian, and Scott L. Anderson, "Complex Formation, Rearrangement, and Reaction in PhOH+ + ND3: Vibrational Mode Effects, Recoil Velocities, and ab Initio Studies", J. Chem. Phys., 113 (2000) 4158.
- Ho-Tae Kim, Richard J. Green, Scott L. Anderson, "Vibrational mode and collision effects in phenol cation -methyamine collisions", J. Chem. Phys., March 2000.
- Ho-Tae Kim, Richard J. Green, Jun Qian, and Scott L. Anderson, "Proton transfer in the [Phenol-NH3]+ system: An Experimental and Ab Initio Study", J. Chem. Phys., 112 (2000) 5717.
- Richard J. Green, Jun Qian, Ho-Tae Kim, and Scott L. Anderson, "Hydride abstraction by NO+ from ethanol: Effects of collision energy and ion rotational state", J. Chem. Phys. 113 (2000) 3002.
- Jun Qian, Richard J. Green, and Scott L. Anderson, "A mode-selective differential scattering study of the C2H2+ +methanol reaction: influence of collision intermediates, Collision Times, and Transition States", J. Chem. Phys., 108 (1998) 7173
- Hunghsin Fu, Jun Qian, Richard J. Green, and Scott L. Anderson, "Vibrational mode-selected differential scattering of NH3+ + methanol (d1, d3, d4): control of product branching by hydrogen-bonded complex formation", J. Chem. Phys., 108 (1998) 2395.
- R.J. Green, J. Xie, R.N. Zare, A.A. Viggiano and R.A. Morris, "Rate Constants and Products for the Reaction of HBr+ With HBr and DBr", Chem. Phys. Lett., 277 (October 1997) No. 1-3, 3
- Richard J. Green and Richard N. Zare, "Measurement of the rotational distribution for the OD product from the reaction ND3+ + D2O => ND4+ + OD under translationally thermal conditions", J. Chem. Phys., 107 (1997) 772.
Essays for The Holocaust History Project
- Chemistry is not the Science
- The Chemistry of Auschwitz
- Leuchter, Rudolf and the Iron Blues
- A Foreword to the IFFR Report
- The Bolshevik Canard
- Report for the Irving/Lipstadt trial