Rigor Mortis (band)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|Origin||Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas, US|
|Genres||Thrash metal, crossover thrash, speed metal|
|Years active||1983–1991, 2005-2013|
|Associated acts||Ministry, Gwar|
|Past members||Mike Scaccia
Rigor Mortis is a thrash/speed metal band that formed in 1983 in the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas metroplex. Two schoolmates Harden Harrison (drums) and Casey Orr (bass) formed the band when they met Mike Scaccia (guitar). The three young men shared an interest in horror/gore films and very heavy music. With Bruce Corbitt on vocals they created some of the heaviest thrash metal at the time often flirting with death metal. They were also one of the only major thrash bands from Texas and virtually created the underground metal scene there. The band was signed by Capitol Records in 1987.
In 2005, the original lineup reunited and performed at Ozzfest 2008 in Texas. In 2009, Rigor Mortis played in Germany at the Keep It True Festival.
The band continues to reunite from time to time to play select shows. Rigor Mortis recently recorded their first album with the original lineup in 25 years. The album will be called "Slaves To The Grave" and will be released sometime in 2013. Rigor Mortis plans to tour extensively following this release.
Harden Harrison also plays drums with the metal bands Speedealer and Mitra.
Bruce Corbitt also sings for the thrash metal band Warbeast (Formerly Texas Metal Alliance). The band is signed by Philip Anselmo's label Housecore Records and their debut album "Krush The Enemy" was released April 27, 2010. Warbeast next release is a split album with Philip Anselmo's solo material called "War Of The Gargantuas" and it will be released Jan 8th, 2013. Warbeast 2nd full-length album is called "Destroy" and it will be released in 2013.
Former Rigor Mortis vocalist/guitarist Doyle Bright now plays guitar in the metal band Hallows Eve.
There was also a Rigor Mortis from New York that evolved into Immolation as well as a Los Angeles punk band named Rigormortis.
- 1986: Demo 1986
- 1988: The Decline Of The Western Civilization Part 2 (The Metal Years) Soundtrack (Capitol)
- 1988: Demons Demo
- 1988: Rigor Mortis (Capitol)
- 1989: Freaks EP (Metal Blade)
- 1991: Rigor Mortis Vs. The Earth (Triple X)
- 1991: "Psycho Therapy" on Gabba Gabba Hey ‒ Ramones tribute album (Triple X)
- Prato, Greg (December 23, 2012). "Ministry Guitarist Mike Scaccia Dies After Onstage Collapse". Rolling Stone. Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- Childers, Chad (December 23, 2012). "Ministry + Rigor Mortis Guitarist Mike Scaccia Dies At 47 After Onstage Collapse". Loudwire. Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- Kielty, Martin (December 23, 2012). "Ministry guitarist Mike Scaccia dead at 47". Classic Rock. Retrieved December 23, 2012.