Rimi B. Chatterjee
|Rimi B. Chatterjee|
Belfast, United Kingdom
|Occupation||Novelist, Reader at Jadavpur University, Kolkata|
|Period||Modern, Sixteenth-century India|
|Genres||General, science fiction, historical|
Rimi B. Chatterjee is an author based in Kolkata, India. She has published three novels and one academic history which won the SHARP deLong Prize for History of the Book in 2006, as well as a number of translations and short stories. She has been nominated twice for the Vodafone Crossword Book Award, once for fiction and once for translation. She teaches English at Jadavpur University.
- Black Light
- The City of Love
- Signal Red
- "The Garden of Bombahia", about the sixteenth-century scientist and heretic Garcia da Orta, appeared in Wasafiri 24(3): pp. 98–106.
- "The First Rasa", about a woman printer in Calcutta's nineteenth-century pleasure district, came out in Kolkata: Book City: Readings, Fragments, Images, ed. Sria Chatterjee and Jennie Renton (Edinburgh: Textualities, 2009).
- "Jessica", about an Anglo-Indian woman hairdresser of Portuguese descent in a Bengali neighbourhood in Calcutta, came out in Vislumbres: Bridging India and Iberoamerica 1 (2008): pp. 58–9.
- "The Key to All the Worlds", appeared in Superhero: The Fabulous Adventures of Rocket Kumar and Other Indian Superheroes, published by Scholastic India in 2007.[ISBN 81-7655-821-4]
- 'Killer' in Comix India Vol. 2: Girl Power
- 'The Bookshop on the Hill' in Drighangchoo Issue 3, Kolkata 2010. Part 2 of the story forthcoming in Drighangchoo Issue 4.
Empires of the Mind won the SHARP deLong Prize for 2007, an international academic prize awarded annually by the Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing for outstanding work in the history of the book.
- Black Light (fiction) (New Delhi: Harper Collins, 2010) [HarperCollins India page http://www.harpercollins.co.in/BookDetail.asp?Book_Code=2585] ISBN 978-81-7223-839-1
- The City of Love (fiction) (New Delhi: Penguin, 2007) [Penguin's page http://penguinbooksindia.com/Bookdetail.aspx?bookId=6890] ISBN 0-14-310381-4
- Empires of the Mind: A History of the Oxford University Press in India During the Raj (publishing history) (New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2006) ISBN 0-19-567474-X
- Signal Red: A Novel (fiction) (New Delhi: Penguin, 2005) ISBN 0-14-303262-3
- Apon Katha: My Story by Abanindranath Tagore (translation from Bengali to English) (Chennai: Tara, 2004)
- Titu Mir by Mahasweta Devi (Bhattacharya) (translation from Bengali to English) (Calcutta: Seagull, 2000) ISBN 81-7046-174-X
- [The SHARP website http://www.sharpweb.org/intro.html]
Reviews of Black Light
- Interview in the Statesman
- The Daily Bhaskar
- Mid Day
- Afternoon Despatch and Courier
- The Book Lovers
Reviews of The City of Love