|Birth name||Richard Neville Dobson|
|Born||23 August 1979|
|Origin||Solihull, West Midlands, England|
1997–2001: Beginnings and career with Five
The lure of the stage brought him to London where, in 1997 at the age of 17, he saw an advertisement in the national newspaper The Stage, asking for young male singers to audition for a new boy band with "attitude and edge". Neville, J Brown, Sean Conlon, Abs Breen and Scott Robinson, who had during the audition arranged themselves into a group, were subsequently picked and later became Five. Because there were two members named 'Richard' in the band (Abs was born Richard Abidin Breen), Breen used his nickname from his middle name whereas Neville kept his name but shortened to "Ritchie" instead.
2002–2008: Television, first Five reunion and artistic hiatus
Since Five's break-up in late 2001, Neville has made occasional appearances as a presenter, guest, actor and reality show contestant. He made a brief foray back into music with his own rock band in early 2003. In September 2006, four of the five original band members of Five announced they were reuniting - minus Conlon. The band began recording their first album since their breakup in 2001, but disbanded once again in 2007. In the autumn 2007 Neville was a participant in the second series of Cirque de Celebrité on Sky1.
2009–12: Sommelier and restaurateur
In 2010, Ritchie moved to Australia and found success as restaurateur in Crows Nest, at 'Small Bar', and attracting a loyal following of local and tourist drinkers with his exceptional mixology skills, becoming a sommelier between 2010/11. In 2012, he opened a restaurant in Sydney named Guerrilla Bar and Restaurant with critical acclaim in various media.
2012–present: Return with Five
On 18 October 2012, it was revealed via Twitter that Five would be taking part in an ITV2 documentary series called The Big Reunion, which would air some time in 2013. In January 2013, before the show began airing, it was reported that the group were looking to find a new member to replace J, and also having disagreement over the group's name. They have since decided to continue as Five with just the four of them.
2014: The Jump
On 14 January, it was announced that Ritchie would be taking part in the Channel 4 celebrity skiing competition The Jump finishing in 5th place on the second of February. He acted as a replacement for actor Sam J. Jones, who had been forced to pull out after a shoulder injury.
In 2008 he dated and eventually married Australian model Emily Scott. They wed in the town of Henley-on-Thames on 23 October 2008. They moved to Sydney, Australia following their wedding and split four months later. Their relationship only became public knowledge when Scott confirmed on 28 June 2009 that New South Wales police had taken out an interim Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) for the allegations on Neville until the matter was heard in a court. Scott alleges she has a scar above her left eye, alleged to have been caused by a glass hitting her. However the case was dismissed in Manly Magistrates court on 30 July 2009 and Ritchie was acquitted.
|1999||Al salir de clase||Himself||"Falso culpable" (series 2, episode 129)|
|2004||The Farm||Himself||Series 1; reality television|
|2004||The Last Detective||Young Gerry Jameson||"Three Steps to Hendon" (series 3, episode 3)|
|2008||Cirque de Celebrité||Himself||Series 2; reality television|
|2013||The Big Reunion||Himself||Series 1; reality television|
|2014||The Jump||Himself||Series 1; reality television|
- "5ive: “We’re gay”". MTV. 27 September 2006. Retrieved 30 March 2007.
- Bolles, Scott. "Former boy-band star Dobson to open Guerilla in our midst.". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 8 May 2012.
- Lawson, Karen. "Top of the hang out pops". Daily Addict. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- Windon, Kate. "Guerrilla in the mist". The Broadsheet. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- Twitter / Scottlarock5: I can confirm that five we'll take part in the big reunion on @itv2 Sometime next year We are all Looking forward to the show #willbegreat
- "Boy band 5ive hunting for new member". MSN. 17 January 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "5ive post plea for fifth member on Facebook ahead of reunion 12 years after parting ways". Metro News. 17 January 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- Wightman, Catriona (14 January 2014). "The Jump: Sam Jones out with injury, 5ive's Ritchie Neville steps in". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- Moran, Jonathon (28 June 2009). "Sunday Telegraph". Swimsuit model Emily Scott marriage ends in AVO. Retrieved 28 June 2009.
- "Sunday Telegraph". Model's marriage scar. Retrieved 2 August 2009.
- Official website - currently down
- World of Five - Official Five Site - currently down
- Five Fan Site
- Guerrilla in the Minst
- Guerrilla Bar and Restaurant
- Guerrilla Mist Glebe - Broadsheet Sydney