Joseph Robert Lorenz (born April 1, 1965) is an American film producer and director, best known for his collaborations with Clint Eastwood.
Personal Life and career
Lorenz grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and moved to Los Angeles to begin his film career in 1989. He has more than 20 films to his credit as an assistant director and joined Eastwood in that capacity in 1994. He has been a member of the Directors Guild of America since 1993 and the Producers Guild of America since 2005.
Lorenz produced Mystic River (for which he earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Picture), Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima (for which he earned another Oscar nomination for Best Picture.) He made his directorial debut with Trouble with the Curve.
- Blood Work (Producer)
- Mystic RIver (Producer)
- Million Dollar Baby (Producer)
- Flags of Our Fathers (Producer)
- Gran Torino (Producer)
- Invictus (Producer)
- Hereafter (Producer)
- J. Edgar (Producer)
- Trouble with the Curve (Producer/Director)
- American Sniper (Producer)
- Scott, A. O. (October 3, 2003). "Mystic River (2003): Film Festival Review: Dark Parable of Violence Avenged". The New York Times. Retrieved February 9, 2011.