c. 1972 (age 40–41)
Los Angeles, United States
|Occupation||Writer, former prosecutor|
|Notable work(s)||It Happens Everyday: Inside the Life of a Sex Crimes DA|
Robin Ann Sax (born 1972) is an author, legal analyst, victim advocate, radio host, an HLN contributor, and a former prosecutor for the State of California, County of Los Angeles and Riverside County District Attorney's Office.
She was admitted to the State Bar of California on November 24, 1997. The same year, she joined the Riverside County District Attorney's Office. In 1999, she left to work for the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office, where, for more than 10 years, she prosecuted sexual offenders. She left the district attorney’s office in 2009.
Since 2005, she has been an instructor for the Los Angeles Police Department, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, and the California District Attorneys Association. She is also a lecturer at the University of California, Los Angeles’ paralegal program and an adjunct professor of criminal justice at California State University, Los Angeles.
She sits on a multi-disciplinary team at UCLA's Rape Treatment with Department of Children and Family Services, law enforcement, victim advocates, and social workers. In March 2010, she was a speaker at the Conference on Crimes Against Women in Dallas, Texas. She was a trainer at the California Sexual Assault Investigators Association 2010 Spring Conference.
She is a Fox 11 News legal analyst as well as a regular legal commentator on NBC's Today Show, ET's "The Insider," and HLN Channel. Sax also had a weekly radio show, Justice Interrupted, with former police detective and co-host Stacy Dittrich. She represented the parents of teenager Amber Dubois, who was murdered in San Diego County in 2009 by convicted killer John Albert Gardner, and appeared on Larry King Live with Dubois' mother, Carrie McGonigle. She currently represents Samantha Spiegel in an alleged stalking case against John Mark Karr, who falsely confessed to killing Jon Benet Ramsey. She's also regularly asked to debate high-profile criminal cases, including for "Good Morning America" and ABC News.
She was featured on ABC public radio's "The Law Business Insider," hosted by Steve Murphy in 2008 to discuss the Caylee Anthony case. She also appeared on the "Nancy Grace Show" in January 2009 to discuss the Anthony case.
In June 2012, Sax began streaming a web show titled "Pick A Lane" which can be viewed on the Fox 11 News website. On the show, she discusses ongoing trials and legal matters with another co-host (regular hosts include Larry Elder and Darren Kavinoky), and they encourage viewers to contribute to the discussion through social media.
She is a contributor to the Huffington Post. She has also contributed legal commentary on CBS News' Crimesider. She is a regular contributor to Women in Crime Ink, which the Wall Street Journal called "a blog worth reading."
Personal life 
She lives with her daughter in Los Angeles.
- Predators and Child Molesters: What Every Parent Needs to Know to Keep Kids Safe, Prometheus Books, April 2009
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Criminal Justice System, Alpha, October 2009
- It Happens Every Day: Inside the World of a Sex Crimes D.A. Prometheus Books, October 2009
- Justice Interrupted Radio
- California State Bar membership listing
- "L.A. County prosecutor resigns after discussing Michael Jackson case on 'Larry King Live'". Los Angeles Times. July 15, 2009.
- "’Shades of Gray’: The Real Story Behind My Resignation from the L.A. County DA's Office". Huffington Post. July 30, 2009.
- Speaker, Conference on Crimes Against Women, March 2010
- The Investigation and Prosecution of Sex Offenders, CCFMTC 2010 Spring Conference training topic, by Robin Sax
- "How are Michael Jackson’s kids holding up?". MSNBC. April 26, 2010.
- “Justice Interrupted,” BlogTalkRadio show
- "Amber Dubois' Parents Want Answers". NBC Los Angeles. March 17, 2010.
- Larry King Live transcripts, March 16, 2010
- "Ex-JonBenet suspect sought after alleged threats". Associated Press. June 2, 2010.
- "Help Locate and Lock Up This Predator". Huffington Post. May 14, 2010.
- "Expert Debate: Will George Huguely Face Death Penalty?". Good Morning America. May 10, 2010.
- "Former 'Survivor' Producer Bruce Beresford-Redman Admitted Affair in E-Mails". ABC News. April 22, 2010.
- "America's Best Selling Authors, featuring Robin Sax, Stacy Dittrich and Susan Murphy-Milano.
- "Breaking News in Caylee Anthony Case". Nancy Grace Show. January 5, 2009.
- "Dr. Phil goes behind the headlines of the alleged Steubenville rape case". Dr. Phil Show. January 17, 2013. Retrieved January 17, 2013.
- Pick A Lane web show segments
- Author listing, Simon & Schuster
- Publisher listing, The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Criminal Justice System
- Contributor, Huffington Post and Psychology Today
- "Did the Economist Do Sex Crime Victims Justice?". Huffington Post. August 13, 2009.
- "Crime Time". Retrieved October 17. 2012.
- "Chelsea King-Amber Dubois Plea Deal for Killer John Gardner is Justice Served, Says Ex-Prosecutor". CBS News. April 28, 2010.
- Contributor, Women in Crime Ink
- Wall Street Journal article
- Author's official Web site
- Sax Facts Weekly
- Robin Sax at the Internet Movie Database
- Robin Sax interviewed by The Daily Beast about the hunt for Karr/Reich, "Horrifying 'Little Girl Sex Cult'," June 1, 2010