Rubblebucket is an American indie-dance band from Brooklyn, NY.
Musical couple Alex Toth (trumpet, band leader) and Kalmia Traver (vocals, saxophone) first met at the University of Vermont where they were both enrolled as music majors. Upon graduating in 2006 they joined the reggae group John Brown's Body and began touring the United States.
Toth had been developing a dance band that merges psychedelic indie rock, upbeat dance and left field arrangements. In June 2007 the pair met percussionist Craig Myers; the improvised music they made at a party was arranged and elaborated on to become the first contribution to the band's repertoire.
In March 2008 Rubblebucket self-released their debut album, Rose's Dream under the name Rubblebucket Orchestra and began to tour full-time. They were chosen by SPIN Magazine as a "Must-hear artist from the 2009 CMJs." On October 13 they released their second studio album, self-titled, and officially changed their name to Rubblebucket. In December they won a Boston Music Award for Live Act of the Year.
In 2010 Rubblebucket appeared at festivals such as High Sierra, All Good Music Festival, and the Liberate Music and Dance Festival. On October 19, 2010 they released their Triangular Daisies EP; it included a cover of the Beatles' "Michelle" which Paste Magazine named on their list of 50 Greatest Beatles Covers of All Time.
In Spring 2011 Rubblebucket released their third full length album, Omega La La. It was recorded at DFA studios and produced by Eric Broucek and mastered by Joe Lambert. On April 4, 2011 the band released it as a free download before the physical release on June 21 through MRI Distribution. Promotional performances for the album included an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live in 2012.
- Annakalmia Traver - lead vocals, tenor and baritone saxophones
- Alex Toth - trumpet, background vocals, bandleader
- Adam Dotson - background vocals, trombone
- Darby Wolf - Hammond B3, Juno, Moog, Clavinet,
- Ian Hersey - guitar, background vocals
- Dave Cole - drums
- Jordan Brooks - bass
- Rose's Dream (2008)
- Rubblebucket (2009)
- Triangular Daisies (EP, 2010)
- Omega La La (2011)
- Oversaturated (EP, 2012)
- Save Charlie (EP, 2013)
- Survival Sounds (2014)
- Interview with Kalmia , Deli Magazine, 2010, accessed June 30, 2011
- 20 Must-Hear Artists CMJ Festival , Spin Magazine, 2009, accessed June 30, 2011
- Boston Music Awards , 2009, accessed June 30, 2011
- 50 Greatest Beatles Covers of All Time , Paste Magazine, 2010, accessed June 30, 2011.
- Rubblebucket interview on TheWaster.com
- "Rubblebucket 'Silly Fathers' and 'Came Out of a Lady'". Relix. 19 July 2012. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- Rubblebucket Interview with ViralFashion.com 
- Young as Clouds: An Interview with Rubblebucket with TheWaster.com