Rumi Neely is a fashion blogger known for her style and photography and is of Japanese, Dutch, and Scottish descent.
Neely began her site called "Fashion Toast" in 2008 and combined it with an eBay vintage store called "Treasure Chest Vintage". By 2009, it was receiving over 35,000 hits per day. She is represented by NEXT modeling agency's Los Angeles branch and Les Pros Entertainment in Japan. Rumi designed two pieces for RVCA and has also modeled for the company. In late April 2010, she modeled for a Forever 21 campaign and attended their opening event at New York's Times Square in June. On September 12, 2010, she modeled for Rebecca Minkoff's Spring/Summer 2011 Presentation at Lincoln Center during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. She is featured in the October 2010 catalog for Free People. In November 2010, she partnered with Dannijo for a six-piece jewelry collection exclusive available on Tobi.com. Rumi also collaborated with REVOLVEclothing.com by creating her own online boutique via their new myREVOLVE feature. In December 2010, she collaborated with Shopbop to create her Christmas Wishlist, now available to view to the public. In February 2011, she won both Best Personal Style Blog and Blogger of the Year at the Bloglovin' Awards. In May 2011, Neely modeled in Bulgari's Save the Children campaign with Kristin Prim, which supported the fashion house's philanthropic efforts.
Rumi gets much of her fashion inspiration from models Erin Wasson and Daria Werbowy.
- CNN MONEY: A fashion blog leads to the Paris runway http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/22/smallbusiness/fashion_bloggers_go_into_business.smb/index.htm
- Teen Vogue http://www.teenvogue.com/style/blogs/fashion/2009/06/a-piece-of-fashion-toast-rumi-neely-designs-for-rvca.html
- RVCA Lookbook http://www.fashiontoast.com/2009/07/rvca-lookbook-fw-09.html
- Free People October Catalog http://blog.freepeople.com/category/october-catalog/
- Dannijo x Fashiontoast http://www.tobi.com/women/search?search_term=fashiontoast
- ShopBop Wishlist http://www.shopbop.com/ci/3/lb/fashioninsider/fashion-insider-wishlist-12.html?extid=affprg-4019602
- Winners of the Bloglovin' Awards http://www.bloglovin.com/awards
- Staff, StyleList (May 2, 2011). "Bulgari and Save the Children". AOL StyleList. Retrieved May 13, 2011.
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|