||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
9 March 1977 |
Staffordshire, England, UK
Rupert Evans (Born 30 March 1977) is an English actor who has appeared in television, film and theatre, including as a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company.
Evans was born in Staffordshire, England on 30 March 1977.
Evans was educated at Bilton Grange School, a boarding independent school in the village of Dunchurch, near the market town of Rugby in Warwickshire in the West Midlands region of England, followed by Milton Abbey School, a boarding independent school in the village of Milton Abbas, near the market town of Blandford Forum in Dorset in South West England, and the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art, at the time based in South Kensington in London.
Life and career
Evans has secured a variety of television credits in the UK, including the BBC sitcom My Family, the drama Crime and Punishment starring John Simm and North and South. He also starred in ITV's High Stakes sitcom with Richard Wilson, and Paradise Heights, the BBC drama starring Neil Morrissey.
Evans' first major film role was as FBI Agent John Myers in director Guillermo del Toro's 2004 adaptation of the Mike Mignola comic book Hellboy. Evans appeared as King Richard IV, the head of a fictional royal family, in the short-lived The Palace. He also appeared in Agora, filmed in Malta with Rachel Weisz and Max Minghella.
- Venetian Heat
- Sweet Panic (2003)
- Breathing Corpses
- Romeo and Juliet (2006) as Romeo
- Kiss of the Spider Woman (2007) Donmar Warehouse, London & tour
- Life Is a Dream - Donmar Warehouse (2009)
- The Browning Version (1994)
- Hellboy (2004) as FBI Agent John Myers
- Guantanamera (2006) as Ali/Jeb
- Sidney Turtlebaum (2008) as Gabriel
- Agora (2009) as Synesius
- Elfie Hopkins (2012) as Mr Gammon
- The Canal (2014) as David
- The Incident (2011) as George
- My Family (2001) as Tom
- Lexx (2002) season 4, episode 14 as Cleasby
- Rockface (2002) as Jamie Doughan
- Paradise Heights (2002) as Toby Edwards
- Sons and Lovers (2003) as Paul
- North & South (2004) as Frederick Hale
- ShakespeaRe-Told - A Midsummer Night's Dream (2005) as Xander
- Fingersmith (2005) as Richard Rivers
- The Palace (2008) as King Richard IV
- Emma (2009) as Frank Churchill
- The Little House (2010) as Patrick
- World Without End (2012) as Godwyn
- Dark Matters: Twisted But True (2012) season 2, episodes 4 & 5 as Dr. Goldberger and Fritz Haber
- The Village (2013–) as Edmund Allingham
- Agatha Christie's Poirot:The Labours of Hercules (2013) as Harold Waring
- Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond (2014) as Peter Fleming
- Rogue (2014) as Elliott
- The Dreamboat: Rupert Evans Publisher: London Evening Standard. Published: 2 October 2009. Retrieved: 17 April 2013.
- Milton Abbey School - Alumni Publisher: Tatler Schools Guide 2013. Retrieved: 17 April 2013.
- The Stage / News / Asher and Evans to star in ITV1 royal drama
- Wikipedia. Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incident_(2011_film)
|url=missing title (help).