Russell F. Hicks
He entered Cazenovia Seminary in 1827. He married Susan Hammond, of Dansville, Livingston County, New York, and their children were Hammond Hicks, John Hicks and Katharine Hicks. His widow later married Amariah Hammond Bradner (1818-1888).
Hicks was Deputy Clerk of the New York Court of Appeals under Benjamin F. Harwood. After Harwood's death, he became Clerk until the end of the year, and in November 1856, he was elected on the Republican ticket to succeed himself.
- The New York Civil List compiled by Franklin Benjamin Hough (page 348; Weed, Parsons and Co., 1858)
- The American Almanac and Repository of Useful Knowledge for 1856 (Crosby, Nichols & Co, Boston, 1855; page 264)
-  Van Deventer Genealogy
-  Bradner genealogy [inverting erroneously Susan's marriages]
-  Cazenovia Seminary records
- The Connecticut Nutmegger edited by the Connecticut Society of Genealogists (1984)
Benjamin F. Harwood
|Clerk of the Court of Appeals
1856 – 1859