Swaminathan Gurumurthy (Tamil: சுவாமிநாதன் குருமூர்த்தி) is a nationalist Indian Scholar,a renowned journalist and a successful chartered accountant in India. .He is the co-convenor of the Swadeshi Jagaran Manch,an organization for promoting awareness of Indian tradition-Swadeshi Movement which was well know in pre-independence era, 
He is a strong proponent of the traditional Indian economic wisdom that is a part of every home and village model.He is a leading member of the think-tank of Sangh Parivar(Rashtree swayamsevak sangh(RSS) and its sister concerns.
Early life and education
Gurumurthy was born in a small village, 160 kilometres South of Chennai (formerly Madras). He had his schooling in a local school and higher education at the Vivekananda College, Chennai. Unable to realize his dreams to study law, he chose to become a Chartered Accountant. After completing the course in 1972, he joined an auditing firm and was allotted the job of maintaining the books of some of the companies of the press baron, Ramnath Goenka. He was drawn into RSS since his college days and continues his affiliation with the organisation and has had an important role in many assignments.
War with Reliance
He was unhappy with the aggressive empire building by Dhirubhai Ambani and believed Ambani's business practices were unhealthy for the nation. Goenka entrusted Gurumurthy with fighting what he considered the Goliath of Reliance. His articles in The Indian Express created stirs in the corporate world, which exposed the conglomerate and troubled Reliance. All his articles were based on extensive study. The articles meticulously pointed out many of the irregularities in the Reliance Group of Companies . One of his articles, co-authored by Arun Shourie claimed Reliance was operating an entire plant with the machines that were actually imported as spare parts, paying lower Customs Duty, and doubling its production.
After this, Gurumurthy wrote on the Bofors issue and later regarding the Swadeshi Movement. Later many of his articles in The New Indian Express highlighted the disadvantages of globalization. His articles espoused the cause of the Swadeshi Jagran Manch and the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and the concept of a united India.
The Mole controversy
He came to the limelight again, when he publicly accused two of the then senior Indian bureaucrats of being American moles. He indirectly named them in the New Indian Express Article titled "US plots Gujral-Sharif show" dated 20-09-1997. Later, in his article "Not one mole, Mr Prime Minister and Mr Jaswant, but Two!" dated 27-07-2006, he explicitly named Dr. V S Arunachalam and Naresh Chandra Saxena as the two moles.
Views on the Sankararaman murder case
Gurumurthy is known to have played a pivotal mediating role to resolve the feud between Bajaj Auto Ltd Chairman Rahul Bajaj and his younger brother Shishir who controls Bajaj Hindustan Ltd and has a stake in Bajaj Auto and other group firms. However he has not voiced anything when the Reliance Empire got divided between the brothers in feud.
He also played a major role in the transfer of L&T's cement division to Aditya Birla Group. In 2004 Gurumurthy also ended another corporate stalemate when he persuaded non-resident Indian investor C Sivasankaran to divest his 33 per cent holding in the Tuticorin-based Tamilnad Mercantile Bank for Rs 130 crore (Rs 1.3 billion)
Black money row
He was the convenor of the task force to assess black money illegally deposited by Indian politicians and businessmen in foreign banks. He has criticized the UPA government for its alleged failure in recovering black money back to India.
Swadeshi Jagran Manch
He is a staunch proponent of the Swadeshi model of economic development and is a leading light of the Swadeshi Jagaran Manch(SJM), which is currently spearheading the agitation against the evils of modern economic policies.
- "Bhatt vs Gujarat govt: Hacked email vs email". Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- Hamish McDonald (1999). The Polyester Prince: The Rise of Dhirubhai Ambani. Allen & Unwin. ISBN 978-1-86448-468-7.
- "The two faces of Dhirubhai Ambani". Paranjoy Guha Thakurta. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "A Debate On GATT". 1994-01-15. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "S. GURUMURTHY". Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "US plots Gujral-Sharif show". 2007-09-20. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "Not one mole, Mr Prime Minister and Mr Jaswant, but Two!". 2006-07-27. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "The Bitter Pill the Police had to Swallow". Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "How Gurumurthy resolved the Bajaj feud". 2003-06-17. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "S Gurumurthy is the man behind L&T deal". 2003-06-19. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
On 5 November 2012 He present his investigation report about nitin gadgari to BJP.
- Official website
- 'In 5 years, Indians stashed Rs 688,000 cr illegally'
- Transcript of the chat with S. Gurumurthy on 15 August 1997: Rediff.com
- Ramnath Goenka's trusted advisor: A Photo
- Articles published in the Indian Express from 10 January 1997
- Speeches by S. Gurumurthy
- Interview to rediff on Solving TMB Tussle
- Interview with Mr. S. Gurumurthy in indiainteracts.com
- Audio of S. Gurumurthy on Indian Entrepreneurs (in Tamil), 7 July 2007
- Audio of S. Gurumurthy on Life after Marx and Markets (in English), 1 September 2007